Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Timeline and Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Does that mean that the Withered Lands were around a lot longer than Deathwatch, because the Draugr Hills in Angmark were created by a storm from the Withered Lands three centuries ago?

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

The Withered Lands would certainly have been around before Deathwatch was built. However, having re-read all the material, and looked at one crucial sentence again with fresh eyes, I think my dating of Deathwatch above was erroneous.

If you read the Withered Lands section of the Gaz it says encirclement of the region by Scaetha’s cult began after the Golem Uprising. (The Organization Guide says the chain of forts was finished in 378 IR (p. 11)). The Gaz entry then states “…having encircled the region with a string of motte-and-bailey forts and temples, as well as the castle at Deathwatch.” <my italics>

That italicized bit could still mean Deathwatch was built much earlier – the cult waged open war on the liches during the early centuries and would have needed a base of operations. Based on all the information to hand, I think the Deathwatch sentence should read… “The fort was constructed in 65 IR, in response to the formation of the Withered Lands.” Assuming the liches awoke sometime around 10 IR and took a decade or so to corrupt the land, that keeps the castle’s antiquity and allows suitable time between the liches presence being noticed and the castle being completed.

And let me thank you again for working on your extended timeline. Errors inevitably creep in when one man is building a huge world and juggling other worlds in his tiny brain, and once an error is made it can easily get compounded by referencing it in later works. This timeline should help correct a lot of those niggling dating mistakes.

With that in mind, and given the amount of work involved, I hereby name you “Champion of Hoenir.” Wear it in your TAG signature with pride, good sir (or madam).

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

In the Borderlands Region Guide it talks about Neve being born in -224 and raised two centuries later to serve the Liche Priest. I’m assuming you meant that she was raised as undead in -224 and was born two centuries earlier.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Neve was born in -224, died around -214 (about 10 years of age) and raised from her grave “nearly two centuries later” (around -14 minus a decade or two). That places her roughly in the time, when the Liche-priests armies were crushed, the fiend was finally entombed, and the Blizzard War started.

Since Neve “survived by dint” it sounds plausible to me, that she was raised on the height of the end fight, survived only by chance without making much impact, and dodges the wrath of Scaetha ever since.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

In Region Guide 52 p.13 it says that communication with the Moon Mountain Temple was lost 28 years ago, two years after the Siphoning began. The Siphoning began 28 years ago so I was wondering which one it is.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

If it’s a typo and 26 years, or the contact was lost when the Siphoning started is for Wiggy to decide. For me both make sense… 😉

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

It would be 26 years. I always refer to the Siphoning in my mind as being exactly 30 years ago. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

My apologies for the long absence, but I have returned with renewed vigor in my heart and fresh eyes with which to scour text.

I’m not finished but was wondering how to go about privately sending a link to either of you, Wiggy or Enno, either for the future when I’m finished or just to give you access to what I’ve done so far, so it doesn’t go to waste if I take another year long hiatus.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Send the link to Wiggy first, my friend. Great to see you again. 😉

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

My e-mail address is at the bottom of my posts. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close