Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Timeline and Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

In the Organization Guide is says the first Arcane Hands appeared in 79 IR, less than 30 years after the founding of the Magocracy, but the Magocracy was founded in 45 IR according to the potted history.

It’s not that important since I already have a concrete date of 79 IR, which is pretty precise. I could also just be measured from when the Mage-Kings started ruling because that happened a decade or two after it was founded.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

If we take the Potted History as the correct base, this seems to me as another mixup of dates. Both 75 IR instead of 79 IR and less than 40 instead of 30 years after the founding make sense to me. I would go with the former. It’s on Wiggy to decide… 🙂

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

In the Gazetteer it says the Frozen Forest was created as the Blizzard War began but the Potted history places it at 274 IR?

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Gazetteer and the Region Guide talk about 500 years, and that the transformation happened overnight. That leaves no room for interpretation for the date in the potted history.

It’s for Wiggy to decide, because 300 years in handwriting could be have been misinterpreted as 500 years when he wrote the Gazetteer and Guides later.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

That’s what we call a SNAFU. 🙂 The Potted History section is obviously in error in this case, and by some way. Using the Gazetteer, the event should have taken place in -24 IR.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Using the Gazetteer, the event should have taken place in -24 IR.

Oh!

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Thanks. That’s what I thought. It would have been rather strange for the frozen forest to have been created with no other winter related event taking place.

Champion of Chronos

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

So most other sources say the Barony of Cul was founded in 492 IR, 7 years ago. In the Gazetteer it says “Until seven years ago, Cul was a realm of independent. Then a
    charismatic frostborn called Frostweaver arrived.” but it also says there was a 3 year gap between him first arriving, and being beaten and kicked out, and when he returned and conquered Cul.

Right now I’m assuming that he first arrived 10 years back, spent 3 years wandering the Winterlands, and conquered Cul and founded it as a frostborn domain 7 years ago.

Champion of Chronos

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

The section on the Freelands seems to have conflicting estimates of when the Withered Lands were created. In the Background it says that it was created after the blizzard war, but in the section on Deathwatch it says that Deathwatch was created “around -200,” shortly after the formation of the Withered Lands.

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Re Withered Lands: The Withered Lands as known today came into being after the Blizzard War, when the liches awoke from their hidden slumber. But they arrived before that. Looks like the Deathwatch entry contains erroneous information — based on information in the Withered Lands sections Deathwatch was erected only around 120 years ago.

Re Barony of Cul: Bad wording rather than bad timeline. As you correctly summize, Frostweaver’s history and wanderings began before seven years ago. The initial mention of his “arrival” refers to his return as a conqueror.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close