Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Timeline and Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Enno
    Henchman

I would count it as another glitch, but it raises the question how long it took Scaetha to close the portal. Until Wiggy tells otherwise one could assume, that it was open for quite a while…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

The gates would have been open a while before order was restored.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

A while is a loose concept. Two or three years are explainable, even half a decade, but anything longer would have warranted an entry in the potted history about finally closing the gates. The demon lords are slow to react, but not THAT slow – at least in my books… 🙂

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

In the player’s guide it refers to Orc War breaking out twenty years ago and the Knights Hrafn being founded 3 years later. This is on pg.118. We know from the potted history that the Knights Hrafn were formed 24 years ago, 4 years before Orcmark was created.

I’m assuming that the twenty years referred to in the book is an approximate date and is referring to something other than the Vestmark situation.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

You seem to be correct. According to the PHB it doesn’t add up, since the Knights were founded 3 years after the invasion about 20 years ago. So 485IR should be the correct date, not 475IR as written. But I have to check the Organization and Orcmark expansions at home first. 🙁

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Although 20 years is an approximation of when the war began (hard to tell whether a skirmish was part of it or just regular orc activity in the years beforehand), I’d change the 475 entry to 482, making it 3 years after the main invasion. That avoids any confusion with the main text and ties in with…

…Alas, you will find a total brain fart regarding the Knights Hrafn in the Organization Guide, where it speaks of them being found a decade after Orcmark was created. Methinks I had the Siphoning and invasion taking place in the same year in my mind when I wrote that particular line. They were, of course, ten years apart. The joys of building a big world while simultaneously juggling other settings. 🙂

And when you get to 497 in the Potted History I know there’s a typo. It says orcs instead of lizardmen.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Thanks. You spared me some researching, mate. 😉

Thanks for the work, McCurmudgeon. Never noticed the differences because in my games such timelines are always a rule of thumb approximation.

Come forward as soon as you finished the corrected and compiled timeline. If Wiggy concurs, such a work warrants publication as a freebie, especially with cross-references to Al-Shirkuh. 😀

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Come forward as soon as you finished the corrected and compiled timeline. If Wiggy concurs, such a work warrants publication as a freebie, especially with cross-references to Al-Shirkuh. :D

I concur.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

That’s great. I was hoping to be able to share this, but wasn’t sure how to go about making sure it’s ok. Right now I’ve got it split into several different files, mainly to keep the GM material from the Gazetteer secret and also Rassilon and Al-Shirkuh separate to keep track of what I’ve covered. I’ve been including page numbers and links to this thread for reference which will hopefully help if you edit it.

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Rasilon and Al-Shirkuh do need to be kept separate. They’re part of the same world and share some history, but they’re also separate realms. Keeping player and GM material separate I’ll look at when you’re done. It might simply be the GM file is larger ‘cos it’ll include ALL the relevant information for the respective continent.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close