Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Timeline and Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I’ve started working on a timeline for Hellfrost. I’m currently working Rassilon but plan on doing Al-Shirkuh when I get there.

I came across a discrepancy and wanted to get an official statement about it. On the Potted History timeline in the Player’s Guide it says the Liche-Priest was entombed in -28 IR, but in the Liche Lands region guide it says his reign of terror ended 524 years ago which makes it -25 IR which is when the Blizzard war started. Just wondering if Wiggy mistyped or if the Liche-Priest being defeated was a good time for Hellfrostians to launch an invasion?

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Alas, ’tis a typo. His reign definitely ended in -28 IR, making it 527 years since his downfall. Likely I glanced at the timeline and my old eyes flicked across the wrong date.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

These 4 years are not much of a discrepancy, as the rituals sealing the tomb took quite some time, and because of the extent of the Liche-Priests realm (Icebarrier to the border of Aspiria, up north far beyond the Icebarrier) it definitely took years to root out the last of his troops.

Since most sources from that era are sketchy and often contradictory, you can’t take all the dates as definitives.

Just use the information as a guideline, and integrate it in your campaign as it fits your storyline best, despite Wiggy admitting that it’s a typo. 😉

In the end, it’s your game…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I’ve got another point of confusion. I was trying to figure out when the ghost stones first appeared (from the liche lands region guide) and it looks like it would have been over 1000 years ago. Maybe my maths just wrong but it says there are records placing them 37 miles east. 37 miles equals 65120 yards, and at a rate of 52 yards a year it would take them 1252.3 years to cover that 37 miles. Even subtracting a 100 yards for their current distance that puts it at 1250 years ago.

Thanks in advance for my annoying questions, I examine so closely because I love.

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Methinks one of three things happened. First, I meant 17 miles. That would make it 575 years (-76 IR) since they started walking. Second, my addled brain used 1000 yards instead of 1760 yards (writing miles but thinking of kilometers), in which case it is 711 years (-212 IR). Three, the elves’ records may not be accurate — the mileage was recorded wrong, or the stones, which already existed and were moving long before, became tied to the legend of the Liche-Priest. Personally, I think the first one is the easiest fix, if not necessarily the true cause. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Just a reminder, McC, that service will be slow between now and the New Year if you have any more questions. Feel free to ask them, but Wig needs rest. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I understand completely. Take all the rest you need, you deserve it

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I’ll be more restful once the storm passes. Gusts of 90 mph forecast for our little exposed island today and through the night. Santa is in for one hell of a rough ride!!

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Didn’t you get the memo, that Santa has a stand-in this year?

Thunor is coming...

Seriously, as long as the storm rattles only the cottage of yours, it could get cozy. A warm grog or two, ones feet on the fireside bench, and a good book – how do i miss it.

Happy holidays, guys, despite the serious weather conditions in some parts of the globe…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

K, found another question. In the Wither Lands region guide it refers to Aethling Gautrek Starkadsunu dying in -350 and returning as a Hagbui during Hela’s Madness. However, the Abyss opened in -352, 2 years before, so either damned souls could still escape for at least 2 years, or the date in the region guide is an estimate rather than concrete. This is all under the “Mead Hall of the Damned” section.

Champion of Chronos

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close