Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
LoF Map and other Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Forget this question then. I reread the Divine Aid chapter, and realized that isn’t limited to priests and paladins either. I remember one of my players tried Divine Aid once and failed miserably. So this fine little rule fell into disuse, to be honest… and they never ran out of options to get bennie.

It really is meant to be a last resort rule. Surrounded by 50 orcs, wounds galore, no bennies type of last resort. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Thought so, when i reread the text. My heroes were often desperate, but never THAT desperate to risk the roll. So i remembered Divine Aid as a clerical only ability…

Now that it came back into my view i will definitely give it a try in LoF. 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Thought so, when i reread the text. My heroes were often desperate, but never THAT desperate to risk the roll. So i remembered Divine Aid as a clerical only ability…

Now that it came back into my view i will definitely give it a try in LoF. ;)

Well I’m glad I asked then.

Another Question. With the Animal Curse hindrance, does the character retain their intelligence or do they forget that they are human?

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

They retain their intelligence. Be a nasty Hindrance if half the time you just peed on lampposts or picked out fleas. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Does the finding food and water rules apply to food and water coming from the feast spell? Do certain areas have penalties for summon water through magic?

Champion of Chronos

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Feast doesn’t involve finding food — it involves having it appear before your eyes. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I was just wondering if there was something similar to the hellfrost effect on fire magic except for water magic; it’s so dry it’s hard to summon the water.

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

No official setting rule, because the aridity is caused by the desert itself not an “external” effect like the Hellfrost. And there is the “absence” of Sigel and Kenaz, of course.

The trapping of Summon Elemental requires enough substance to summon from. If you have only a few drops of water to summon from, the GM might impose situational modifiers, forbid summoning altogether (usually you need a pound of substance minimum AFAIK) or he might rule, that it draws from other sources of “water” in the vincinity (like the body of the caster itself).

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I was just wondering if there was something similar to the hellfrost effect on fire magic except for water magic; it’s so dry it’s hard to summon the water.

The Hellfrost effect is supernatural in origin and the gods of sun and fire are missing, compounding the issue. The desert is just the desert, and always has been.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

qed 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close