Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
LoF Map and other Questions
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

So I finally got LoF and am loving it so far.

I wanted to ask what happened to the world map, cause the style is quite different from the preview in the sampler?

I also have a few things I want to clarify.

A sand goblin only needs to drink a quarter the normal amount of water because he is both Small and drinks half of the normal small size?

Can Devoted beseech Asha for Divine aid, or can only Faithful use those rules?

Khem Hekau magic is frowned upon but tolerated by most races hence the -2 Char, but with Bedu and Cakali you are likely to be killed?

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Water & Sand Goblins: Yes (Small x0.5, Camel x0.5)

Asha: You can’t beseech a philosophical principle for Divine Aid, could you?!

Necromancy: Yes. Bedu outlawed Khem-Hekau. Practitioners are usually beaten and dragged into the desert to die. Chakali think necromancy abhorrent to nature, so practitioners of Khem-Hekau could expect a similar fate like with the Bedu, even if it is not outlawed AFAIK.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I was just thinking that the Devoted belief system seems more like a monotheistic religion of good versus evil that a philosophical outlook

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Simple rule: Because Devoted use variations of AB:Magic instead of AB: Miracles, it is not clerical magic. Thus the rules for Divine Aid don’t apply. 😉

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Can Devoted beseech Asha for Divine aid, or can only Faithful use those rules?

I’d allow it, but without the clergy and sacrifices modifiers. For them, it’s the last draw on untapped reserves of hope when all seems lost.

Khem Hekau magic is frowned upon but tolerated by most races hence the -2 Char, but with Bedu and Cakali you are likely to be killed?

Cakali just consider it abhorrent. Of course, I may may have forgotten there’s a section that says they impose a death sentence. 🙂 And among the Bedu, there are wicked Devoted tribes that would see khem-hekau as their favored art.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Another two points for a future errata to clarify, then 😉

Enno
    Henchman

I assume, this special kind of Divine Aid works only for practitioners of any kind of devoted AB, correct?

Enno
    Henchman

As far as the map is concerned the preview was just that; a preview. 🙂

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I assume, this special kind of Divine Aid works only for practitioners of any kind of devoted AB, correct?

Well don’t all devoted believe in Asha, and thus could tap into that reserve of hope?

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Forget this question then. I reread the Divine Aid chapter, and realized that isn’t limited to priests and paladins either. I remember one of my players tried Divine Aid once and failed miserably. So this fine little rule fell into disuse, to be honest… and they never ran out of options to get bennie.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close