Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
How long, I ask?

Home Forums The Lounge How long, I ask?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Just had cause to check the publication date of my first RPG work, and it seems I’ve been doing it for 15 years this year. In that time I’ve written 280 products, though for various reasons 18 of those will never see print (nor do I have the manuscripts anymore).

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

wmarshal
    Minion

Since you are currently your own boss how do you determine what to actually produce? You seem to have a lot of ideas. Do you apply any kind of filter in yourself to keep you focused on certain topics? Or do you just constantly write as you get ideas?

Enno
    Henchman

Writing and producing 15-20 products per year is no small feat, mate. 😀

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Since you are currently your own boss how do you determine what to actually produce?

That’s a mix between what I want to write and what the company needs me to write. 🙂 It’s pretty much a gimme that we’ll support every new line, so it’s just deciding in what format.

When it comes to settings, we see what’s in my head and what we like the sound of. All for One was born from reading one entry in an A-Z of angels and demons and me asking What If…? I gave Rob a summary, we agreed it might work (nothing is guaranteed, after all), so I wrote it.

You seem to have a lot of ideas. Do you apply any kind of filter in yourself to keep you focused on certain topics? Or do you just constantly write as you get ideas?

I can only focus on one thing at a time. So while I was writing the Realm Guides, for example, there was no room in my head for anything not LOF related. While conscious brain is working on one, subconscious brain is busy thinking about the next one. Same for the recent Globetrotters’ Guides series.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Writing and producing 15-20 products per year is no small feat, mate. :D

I wish the breakdown was spaced that evenly, mate. 😀

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Runeslinger
    Minion

Of all the things you have produced, is there one that stands out as having been particularly difficult to write in some way?

It doesn't matter that it has all been said before~
    Casting Shadows

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Probably the first Leagues of Adventure scenario (Ape Men & Dragons). Writing a scenario to showcase a setting that wasn’t yet released brought with it certain pressure. Plenty of manuscripts have given me sleepless nights, though. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Revturkey
    Minion

Well my group really enjoyed the sampler LOA scenario so your struggles were appreciated. Ta.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Thanks, Rev!

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Runeslinger
    Minion

When you write, how much revision do you end up doing? Do you spend a lot of time gutting/expanding material?

It doesn't matter that it has all been said before~
    Casting Shadows

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close