Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Frostborn Lifespans
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

I noticed that the Frostborn are the only race in the player’s guided without an average lifespan listed. I was wondering if they have their own maximum age or if it’s based upon their parents race?

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Unless Wiggy overrules me here…

“All frostborn share the physical form of their parents, but lack any of their racial qualities, possessing instead unique traits.”

As written above, frostborn elves share their non-frostborn parents physical features, yet not their special abilities. So it’s save to assume they theoretically have their parents lifespan, if they survive as long that is.
    Since frostborn sire only frostborn it becomes very murky from second generation onward, when a frostborn elf and a frostborn engro could have children together. And don’t forget that the “monster races” have frostborn too. Here the old mantra kicks in again: It’s your game…

In my games i would rule it safe to assume that they theoretically live at least the 70-100 years of a human or engro… if it ever comes up in the game. For PCs this question is irrelevant since it’s doubtful that they ever play that long, that old age becomes important. And for NPCs… they are always as old as you want them to be.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Cool, I’d never thought about mixed heritage frostborn like that.

The reason I asked is that I’m trying to play hellfrost using the Burning Wheel System and lifespan is kinda important for character creation in that system

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

OK. That explains your question. I thought you might use a freeform of the family rules, with the ressource rules and LoFs A Year To Remember mixed in.

Original or the lite ones from Mouse Guard?

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

McCurmudgeon
    Minion

Just flat Burning Wheel. I’ve a hardcopy of Gold and there’s a lot of good resources online.

I’m probably going to make Frostborn its own born lifepath for each race. I don’t know if there’s anything else I can put into its lifepath setting, but I’ll figure that out when I start writing it down.

Champion of Chronos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close