Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Divine Aid
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    McCurmudgeon
    Minion

So I remember talking about Divine Aid in the LoF forum a while ago (I did go back and read it), but I came up with a few questions for the rules on their own.

Just a clarification first, anybody in hellfrost can use divine aid as long as they have a patron deity and no bennies left? If that’s the case then everybody suffers a base -4 penalty (not including any other modifiers) to the spirit roll? So that means that clergy have more room for penalties because of sins than a lay worshipper (but also have the opportunity for the disciple edge bonus)?

The main question I had was are bonuses for Sacrifices one off bonuses (they only apply for a single divine aid attempt) or are they applicable for a set period of time, like a month or year?

Another question I came up with while typing, other than the additional bookwork is there any reason you wouldn’t impose sin penalties on laity, maybe only giving penalties for major and mortal sins and only -1 and -2 respectively?

Champion of Chronos

Enno
    Henchman

Just a clarification first, anybody in hellfrost can use divine aid as long as they have a patron deity and no bennies left? If that’s the case then everybody suffers a base -4 penalty (not including any other modifiers) to the spirit roll? So that means that clergy have more room for penalties because of sins than a lay worshipper (but also have the opportunity for the disciple edge bonus)?

No bennies left and -4 to the spirit roll it is. Sinning weighs twice as much, no god likes it that his/her rules are disregarded, especially not by her followers that live their example (IIRC devoted get these modifiers too). A more intimate connection to your deity could even outweigh them. Or said differently, the plea of a disciple has will always be heard in some way.

The main question I had was are bonuses for Sacrifices one off bonuses (they only apply for a single divine aid attempt) or are they applicable for a set period of time, like a month or year?

Sacrifices are on a per-attempt basis of course. Divine Aid is meant as the very last resort and desparte plea. Example: “If you help my last men and me to escape this bloody siege, to warn the cyning about the approaching undead army, i swear to build a wonderful shrine to your honor on this very spot.”

Another question I came up with while typing, other than the additional bookwork is there any reason you wouldn’t impose sin penalties on laity, maybe only giving penalties for major and mortal sins and only -1 and -2 respectively?

The gods don’t expect of their followers to be perfect, but when they have sworn to follow their rules and example priests, paladins, devoted (IIRC), and especially disciples are punished for breaking the rules. Lay members could always follow the rules from the sinning list, but it has no direct effect ingame – except for being accepted as a devoted eventually.

But it’s your game, and you might impose other (situational) modifiers. Being the last desparate plea for help, and not being used lightly and often i don’t think its worth to change anything here.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close