Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
various rules questions

Home Forums Savage Worlds – Core Rules & Savage Settings various rules questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TAG Wiggy 2 years, 4 months ago. This post has been viewed 144 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Centollo
    Minion

First, thanks for taking the time to read and answer.

I’ve got the savage worlds deluxe explorers edition, which I assume is the most recent version of the system.

Questions:

What happens if someone is shaken during his turn?
    For example, a character moves and is shaken by an attack made with the first strike edge, does he get a roll to recover from being shaken and act, or does he have to wait for his next turn?
    Same example, but the character moves and is shaken AFTER having done an action, like attacking or casting a spell, can he recover then?

Someone tries to cast blast, he rolls a 3. Eather the spell doesn’t happen or the blast deviates, which one is it?

I assume you can try to heal someone several times with the heal power, I couldn’t find something that says otherwise in the rulebook, am I right?

Thanks again.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

What happens if someone is shaken during his turn?
    For example, a character moves and is shaken by an attack made with the first strike edge, does he get a roll to recover from being shaken and act, or does he have to wait for his next turn?
    Same example, but the character moves and is shaken AFTER having done an action, like attacking or casting a spell, can he recover then?

His turn ends unless he immediately spends a benny to negate the effect.

Best read this as well, as Shaken has changed slightly… https://www.peginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SW_FAQ_May_2015.pdf

Someone tries to cast blast, he rolls a 3. Eather the spell doesn’t happen or the blast deviates, which one is it?

Spell fails to activate on a roll of 1-3 normally. Also read “Using Powers” on page 49 of the Hellfrost Player’s Guide, as there are circumstances when a failed roll still means the spell is cast.

I assume you can try to heal someone several times with the heal power, I couldn’t find something that says otherwise in the rulebook, am I right?

In Hellfrost, yes, at least up to the Golden Hour has ended. In standard Savage Worlds, you’re limited by Power Points.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close