Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Unofficial City Poll

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Galloglach 2 years, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 135 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Hi folks!

Now the Atlas is nearing completion and I have some city maps to hand, I’m considering expanding some of the major cities so two of them fill a 32-page print book. Each will be as detailed as the Aslov write up I did a few years ago.

Book 1 will contain Aslov (to get it into print) and one other. Which of the following should share space with Aslov? Please don’t suggest locales not listed – we may draw more maps in the future, but for now we’re using what we have to hand.

Imperial City (Alantaris Isle)
    Drakeport (Crystalflow Confederacy)
    Spyre (Freelands)
    Freetown (Freetown)
    Kingshall (Magocracy)
    Ravensburg (Royalmark)

Obviously you’d love to see a huge book for each city, but with the expanded Atlas info and the 27 cities of Al-Shirkuh, many hundreds of ideas have already been used up. 🙂 I think 15-16 pages per city is enough – covers the basics and leaves you room to make each city your own.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Great idea, as I have said before.

Spyre would be the obvious choice FMPOV sharing the general Freeland traits.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

wmarshal
    Minion

It’s hard to argue against any of those choices, but if I had to choose one then I’d go with Drakeport. As a port city I think it has plenty of opportunity for a campaign to visit.

I don’t know how future city books would work out, but might I suggest you split each book between one of the major capitol cities (I suppose most are capitols in a sense) in your list above and a city that’s more free-wheeling?

If this line of books is successful, then at 2 cities a book then 1 will be left out. That’s even harder to choose. So I guess if these books are successful then you’ll have to add another city! :-). I’d like to see Karad Marn or maybe another dwarf city (I took a generic dwarf city map from rpgnow for Karad Azgul), but that seems like it would be a huge supplement. Maybe another poll in the future for what should be the 8th city in this line would be in order if this effort meets with success.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Yeah, that was my thinking as well for Spyre. 🙂

Then Volume II: Ravensburg + Drakeport, Volume III: Imperial City + Kingshall, and Volume IV: Freetown + some of the smaller settlements.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

wmarshal
    Minion

Yeah, that was my thinking as well for Spyre. :)

Then Volume II: Ravensburg + Drakeport, Volume III: Imperial City + Kingshall, and Volume IV: Freetown + some of the smaller settlements.

Well, taking some thinking from my previous post for volume IV there is a certain dread element strongly hinted at in Freetown. Keeping with that hinted at theme perhaps an entry for the remaining ruins/memorial outpost of Karad Dahn would fit? Or maybe I just have dwarf cities on the mind too much. 🙂

Enno
    Henchman

Yeah, that was my thinking as well for Spyre. :)

Sounds great. Can’t wait to read them. 😉

Althoug i would love to see Ravensburg last week, i love the idea…

jscifert
    Minion

My vote is also for Drakeport 😀👍😈

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Sounds like folks want these, so here’s the deal. I hope to start writing City Guide Volume I (Aslov + Spyre) next week. Regardless of how long it takes to pen these, none of these books will be out this year.

Although POD books, we’ll run a short Kickstarter as a preorder in 2016 (once they’re all done) so folk who want to buy all four at once can do so at a discount and with free shipping. Whether or not we’ll go with signed copies remains to be seen.

As usual, the info will be canonical but optional. If you’re happy with the Atlas entries on these cities, then you don’t need any of the City Book volumes to run your game.

Once I start writing I’ll throw open each city I’m working on to YOUR ideas. Can’t promise I’ll use them, of course – I have plenty of ideas forming just from looking at the maps – but you’ll get a contributor credit if I do (even if I change some details).

More soon!

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Good for me. Deal!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close