Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Thematic Maps
  • This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TAG Wiggy. This post has been viewed 2280 times
Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Inferno
    Minion

We don’t want to get distracted from the must-do maps by shiny new things and we have to be careful about adding too many new pages to the Atlas as they cost us money (both in time and printing) that weren’t budgeted for in the Kickstarter.

As I prefaced the original post with acknowledgment that you have more important things on your plate at the moment, I agree.

As far as I’m concerned (whenever you do get around to thematic maps) something simple or utilitarian like black and white line art maps like this are sufficient for what I’m looking for.

Of course, TAG has a reputation for high quality graphic design/art, so if you chose to make it more elaborate you wouldn’t hear me complain either.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Quite happy to try an Anari Empire, a modern dominant culture, extent of the Liche-Priest, and extent of the Hellfrost army maps. They shouldn’t be too complex and we can do them in glorious color by overlaying the info on the new map outline.

There won’t be any historical details, like old Anari province names, settlement names, or battle sites, though. There have to be details left for the GM to fill in. There was an interesting post on Facebook by Sean Reynolds (IIRC) the other day lamenting that someone wanted to know the intensity of a light shed by a fire elemental. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

wmarshal
    Minion

Quite happy to try an Anari Empire, a modern dominant culture, extent of the Liche-Priest, and extent of the Hellfrost army maps. They shouldn’t be too complex and we can do them in glorious color by overlaying the info on the new map outline.

I bet you could combine some of those themes on the same map by using different styles of lines. Something like ‘—-—’ for the Anari Empire, ‘— —’ for the advance of the Hellfrost army, etc. Or you could use different colors of shading.

Something else that might be useful would be an overall map showing which major cults were favored in each region. This information is in the gazetteer/region guides, but I think it would be useful to have a map to glance at to see which regions nearby to a party’s current location would most likely have a full blown temple of Ertha. Maybe using the symbols for the different gods as icons. If such a map was possible I think it might be better just using a black and white outline map as the base instead of a color map showing the terrain. Such a map would be nice for the Matters of Faith book when it comes out, but I think all of its pages have already been written.

Similarly a map showing goods produced and/or emphasizing trade routes might be useful. I’m thinking something similar to this:
    http://imgarcade.com/1/connecticut-colony/
    Or this:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_commerce#/image/File:Europe_180ad_roman_trade_map.png

Enno
    Henchman

Here is a professional map on religions in India and migrations. Sorry it’s only in german.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Vytaukas
    Minion

Just checking, but the atlas is pre-order right now, even for PDF right? I ask because the region guide compendiums are offline for sale and the individual guides are not on drivethrurpg or rpgnow anymore. Was looking for 1-2 of them I hadn’t bought before in working on my campaign now.

Enno
    Henchman

The Atlas is still WIP. It will replace the Region Guides when published.
    I’ve also problems with the store. It seems that they are working on the expected update due to the New EU VAT rules. Could you please write an email to the TAG customer service?

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

The individual Region Guides were condensed into the Region Guide Compendiums because the store was getting very crowded – there were 53 RGs alone. People found it hard to find products and individual RG sales were naturally slowing down as time passed. The Compendiums cleaned up the store and meant better deals for new fans. The Compendiums have been taken down because they are superfluous now the Atlas is coming.

Yep, that means some good folks can’t get individual Guides they are missing, but we also don’t want new fans laying down their hard-earned money buying the various Compendiums only to find they are soon to be replaced by the updated and expanded Atlas (not to mention the non-gazetteer material appearing in Expansion I, Expansion II, and Matters of Faith).

Alas, changes always mean someone has to lose out. 🙁

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close