Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Thematic Maps
  • This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TAG Wiggy. This post has been viewed 2276 times
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Inferno
    Minion

Happy New Year Guys,

I know you’re busy with various kickstarters and such. Is there a chance somewhere down the line that thematic maps could be produced? For example, a map showing the extent of the Anari Empire similar to this map of the Roman Empire.

http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/historians/maps/romanempire.jpg

TAG Robin
    Administrator

Happy New Year to you!!

I think we might be able to include this information in the Atlas – but i’ll talk to wiggy and see what he thinks.

What would you like to see?

All comments gratefully recieved!

Inferno
    Minion

Off the top of my head, maps I’d like to see are:
    1. Extent of Anari Empire
    2. A visual representation of the cultural dominance of each group
    3. Geographic reach/influence of various organizations

I’ll ponder it some more and see what else I come up with.

Enno
    Henchman

The Atlas is already chockful with maps on different aspects, so i doubt there is much room to maneuver. As a fan i think such maps might be a welcome addition. Sacrifice an illustration or two to get them in, but this is for Wiggy and Rob to decide.

1. Expanding this idea there might be a depiction of the extent of other historical realms, like the Selari, Heligi, Vindari etc.
    There could be maps depicting the extent of the Liche-Priests domain or how far the Hellfrost armies came during the Blizzard war.
    Even a map of the migrations in the last 5 centuries might me valuable.
    2. This could be done with a handful small maps of Rassilon depicting the population data from the Gazetteer in lighter and darker color code.
    3. Organizations might be bit difficult, as many of them are almost omnipresent, yet not very influential, while others are very territorial and influential.

What do you think about (fragmented and not fully accurate) maps of Rassilon before the wars?

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

I would love this… Perhaps a pdf companion to the atlas…..

And yes.. a couple of old ‘historic’ maps would be awsome

wmarshal
    Minion

Off the top of my head, maps I’d like to see are:
    1. Extent of Anari Empire
    2. A visual representation of the cultural dominance of each group
    3. Geographic reach/influence of various organizations

I’ll ponder it some more and see what else I come up with.

I think #1 and #2 would be useful to have if there is room in the atlas. As Enno has pointed out #3 might be hard to make work.

Another idea might be to have a map that shows the flow of goods between the regions at a very general level.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Rob and I have had a brief chat. We’ve deferred any decision on exactly how we’ll present any new maps until the core Atlas work is completed. We don’t want to get distracted from the must-do maps by shiny new things and we have to be careful about adding too many new pages to the Atlas as they cost us money (both in time and printing) that weren’t budgeted for in the Kickstarter.

Please keep the ideas coming, though, folks.

One way or another, we will do something regarding extra maps in the coming months.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Can i give you my money now?

TAG Robin
    Administrator

Can i give you my money now?

Make all cheques payable to Robin Elliott…. and my address is……

:o)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close