Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
SWEX Spaceship Chases – Out of Control?

Home Forums Savage Worlds – Core Rules & Savage Settings Daring Tales SWEX Spaceship Chases – Out of Control?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sarum
    Minion

I was running the DTotSL at the weekend and we where using the SWEX chase rules for the first encounter and it seamed that the Out of Control rules make no sense. Was there a mod for them as part of the DTotSL that I have forgotten?

Enno
    Henchman

In which way does OoC of the old chase rules make no sense? A few more details, mate. 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

sarum
    Minion

Thanks,

It seams under Chase Attack it says ignore everything but a 2 or a 12 (I assume the rest are fluff but cause a Piloting -2). And they says they might have collisions except without a map we have no idea if it does. So do we assume the Pilot rolls against another obstacles.

I kind of assume there might be a spaceship version of the table.

Enno
    Henchman

My following statements refer to the Chase rules of the SW Explorers Edition, not the current SW Deluxe Editon.

Thanks,
    It seams under Chase Attack it says ignore everything but a 2 or a 12 (I assume the rest are fluff but cause a Piloting -2).

Yes, only Roll Over and Flip apply in Chases. The other effects are reduced to a -2 modifier (SWEX p117)

And they says they might have collisions except without a map we have no idea if it does. So do we assume the Pilot rolls against another obstacles.

There is no map in Chases, obstacles are reduced to mere modifiers. See Maneuvers table on SWEX p118 Obstacles.

If the Driving/Piloting roll is failed, the vehicle hits an obstacle and suffers collision damage as usual. The obstacle’s softness and frequency are in Obstacle paragraph on SWEX p118. Collisions in chases happen typically at half Top Speed to determine collision damage.

These rules are tweaked by the Obstacle rules in DToSL, especially in the Compendium and Battlefield Hazards. Chases usually have “scripted” Hazard/Obstacle tables with special effects that differ from the SWEX core rules.

Is it a little clearer for you now? 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

sarum
    Minion

Is it a little clearer for you now?

Yep just though I remembered something more when I ran it last time.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close