Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
SWADE question

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    star_wyvern
    Minion

Hello! I really love both of the Hellfrost settings and am looking to buy everything I can for them. Is there anything I can buy for Hellfrost and Land of Fire that doesn’t require updating to SWADE? I’m thinking of buying the Hellfrost bundle on Drivethru RPG. And possibly some physical books from a local game store here. Thanks for making such an amazing product!

dpmcalister
    Administrator

The current version of Hellfrost hasn’t been updated to SWADE. Wiggy has said:

There are no plans for a SWADE conversion.

There are plans for a totally revised edition of Hellfrost using the SWADE rules, though.

And also the following:

In general terms, HF is a priority, but not our top priority – that’s reserved for a different project. We’ll be starting to discuss things in more solid terms when we begin to get new art ordered over the next few months. 🙂 Likely it will be 2020 before the book is out.

In the meantime, there are fan-made conversion notes availble here: My Hellfrost conversion to Adventure Edition

star_wyvern
    Minion

Thank you! I was just wondering if I could buy some stuff in print right now, maybe some stuff that isn’t super rules specific. I will buy the PDFs as I go though. Thanks for the reply!

amerigoV
    Minion

The Gazetteer and the Atlas I believe have no stats in them. When you start getting into the Expansions and its more mixed. Really, its just the players guide and how things like Magic is handled. The bundles are pretty cheap right now so you may as well pick them up and start Hellfrostin.

Left is Death!

star_wyvern
    Minion

I bought the DTRPG Bundle! It is pretty awesome!

dpmcalister
    Administrator

Welcome to Hellfrost 🙂

star_wyvern
    Minion

Thanks @dpmcalister! I had another question. Is the Hellfrost conversion guide the only one I will need? Or would I also need the DX to SWADE conversion guide available on their website? Also will Hellfrost conversion guide work for Land of Fire? Thanks again!

dpmcalister
    Administrator

I’ll need to leave that question for someone else to answer I’m afraid as I’m still using standard Explorer’s Edition when I run Savage Worlds (not even “upgraded” to Deluxe Edition!)

Quigs
    Minion

I’m actually just starting a Hellfrost campaign in Heldalund with 3 players next week. We are using SWADE as the base, and then injecting Hellfrost specific things as needed. If you ran SWADE with just the No Power Points, Multiple Languages, and Dynamic Backlash (for arcane backgrounds only) setting rules you’d be 90% covered. Then insert the Hellfrost-specific races, edges, hindrances, knowledge skills, gear and spells. Spell would likely be the most work as you’ll need power point costs and ranges may need to be tweaked, but I think someone on these forums did that already.

The Hellfrost rules for weather, overland travel, and monsters are still all very usable as is.

dpmcalister
    Administrator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close