Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
SWADE and Bufomi

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alfarobl 2 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 311 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I have started to introduce some of the rule changes in SWADE into my Hellfrost campaing. Mainly so far the bennies usage and the shaken rules.

In the new edition Shaken has been kind of split into Shaken and Stunned, and now you can recover from shaken easily: just with a success you can act on the same round, no need of a raise.

I was wondering if the Bufomi croak attack should be changed to Stun instead of Shaken, but I am also worried that is going to be too much. What do you guys think?

I am about to start GMing Pirates of the Crystalflow so it will be of help to know what do you guys think.

An intermediate solution would be to have the normal warriors to just shaken and the champions to stun.

Enno
    Henchman

Shaken is still Shaken. Stunned with its limitations would be too harsh for my taste. Standing a few yards in front of a bullhorn might rattle you, but it doesn’t knock you out directly, which is what Stun does.
    Until we publish the official SWADE conversion rules, stay with Shaken.
    But as always, it’s your game and you can change the Croak as you like. I would recommend that a failed Spirit roll makes you Shaken, as usual, and only Snake Eyes Stuns you.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Anonymous

Thanks Enno.

At the end I am going to just leave shacken unaltered for now, so you still need a raise to act on the same round you shake it off.

In the meantime I will digest better the SWADE rules and think on what to do 🙂

Are you planning in maybe opening the playtest of the SWADE conversion before there is a final official conversion? I can get my group into gaming with changing rules and provide some feedback.

Enno
    Henchman

As I said, it’s your game. Change as much as you want. 😉

We also have to absorb the new rules for the time being. Some changes are much more comprehensive compared to SWEX to Deluxe, on the other hand standardized a lot.

We already have a number of veteran test players and contacts with whom we review new and changed rules. The easiest way is to participate regularly in the forum.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Anonymous

Thanks Enno 🙂

I do change it at will, but I like to know the experience of other people as sometimes changes don’t work as expcted 🙂

One of the changes that my players have accepted quite well is to add the limit of 4 wounds per hit, no matter the total damage. We play a fair amount on Roll20 and those dice sometimes are nuts!

Anonymous

During the game we realised that the shaken rules were already changed on the SWDE and we have been using the old ones all this time! So I didn’t change the bufomi, they were able to kill 4 PCs over the course of the final rooms in N4 without extra help 🙂

The rule in SWADE that was a real success was the Joker wild, handing over bennies every time a Joker comes up really make initiative a much more exciting bit of the combat!

alfarobl
    Minion

The rule in SWADE that was a real success was the Joker wild, handing over bennies every time a Joker comes up really make initiative a much more exciting bit of the combat!

With SWADE master gets bennies also with Joker that might be good for Hellfrost. But with Deluxe I used a ‘light’ version of Joker wild to represent the harsh Hellfrost dark & grim feel of this setting. Using Jokers wild felt too much to me so I only provided one Bennie to the person getting the Joker card instead of all players. I didn’t want to have players with so many Bennies during play. Having limited access to Bennies made players more stressful and felt more like it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close