Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
So what are folk playing these days?

Home Forums General Game Chat & Tales from the Table So what are folk playing these days?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I’m currently running a fantasy game for two players (four characters*) using Reaper’s Mouseling figures, the Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2 ruleset, and several Hellfrost adventures merged into the Fighting Fantasy universe.

So far they’ve retrieved a sacred idol stolen by Ratmen and taken part in the festivities at Medeton (the latter from S5: The Fey Tower & The Deadly Glade, with an added grand fair and series of various tournaments). Currently they are on an epic quest…

After braving the many perils of Darkwood Forest and plundering a goblin chieftain’s hall (in which the thief stole two gems from a statue of the God of Malice and the wizard acquired two flintlock pistols), our intrepid heroes are currently in Rushton (from V3: Web of Deceit). Soon they’ll be entering the Forest of Spiders in search of the Hammer of Gillibrand, which was stolen from the Badgers (originally Dwarves in FF) of Stonebridge.

After gaining the Hammer (assuming they survive) they’ll be heading to Watchgap Fort from S1: The Siege of Watchgap Fort (not that they know this yet), which they’ll be defending against an army of ratmen and giant rats on their way to sack Stonebridge.

After that, we’ll be playing out a mass battle involving Badgers and the heroes vs. the Ratmen army. All being well, the heroes will win the day and be richly rewarded.

* Our four illustrious heroes are…
    – Sir Bartholomew Prickles, a Hedgehog Knight of the Golden Acorn who hails from Salamonis
    – Tabitha “The Nibbler” Nibblecorn, a Mouseling thief from Port Blacksand and the ward of Sir Barty
    – Hawkeye Longtail, a Mouseling archer and woodsman (woodsmouse, technically) from the Forest of Yore
    – Reuben Turnipseed, a Mouseling wizard from Salamonis.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

The party is currently in Rushton investigating the Web of Deceit. So far they suspect EVERYBODY of being a cultist. Except Old Steinkel. He’s dead. And the priestess, who is obviously slightly mad.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

dpmcalister
    Administrator

It’s been a while since my last RPG session (what with my holiday to Florida and all ;)) but we’d just started a new mini-campaign using Buffy the Vampire Slayer (probably best described as a mini-series ;)) as an interlude. Before that we were playing AD&D 2nd Edition (The Night Below campaign I believe) and I have an ongoing WFRP (1st Edition) campaign (using the original The Enemy Within campaign – the players finished Death on the Reik at the beginning of the year) and am planning on running the Red Hand of Doom campaign using D&D 3.5 at some point. I also have an unfinished Pirates of the Spanish Main campaign which needs kickstarting (lower case “k” ;)).

I also want to run Leagues of Adventure, Hellfrost, and Daring Tales of Adventure (if only as one-off, interlude-type games) at some point in the future.

Too many games, not enough time 😉

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I like the Buffy RPG. I bought the wife all the books as she was a huge fan of the show.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Inferno
    Minion

When ETU arrives, I plan to run it for my wife and daughter. They’re both big Buffy fans.

I just completed 13th session of Savage Firefly. I don’t think any of us expected it to last this long.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close