Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Setting Clarifications & Errata

This topic contains 29 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Enno 1 month, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 185 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Enno
    Henchman

One of my players drew my attention to the spell list of Tamarni. It lists a power called steal, that has no description in the setting book, any Hellfrost books, or the SW core rules.

Should we ignore this reference, or could you provide us with the spells description? 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

No idea how that got there! There’s certainly no spell called steal. Methinks a troublesome jinni switched it from stun.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Thanks!

Enno
    Henchman

Copy & Paste glitch with Ancestral Guardian:
    One of the requirements of this background edge should read negative Glory, not Honor.

This glitch was inherited from the Hellfrost Rassilon Expansion, while in HF Region Guide 13 – Royalmark it was correct.

Enno
    Henchman

NF 1 – The Curse of the Sand Lord:

The main weapon of the BBEG should be fiery, not corrosive – reading the typical stats in the LoF Bestiary chapter.

Since it is a very special adversary, i would at least describe it as abrasive (and heated), since it fits the creatures trapping better IMO.

The elderly Bedu healer should have Pace 5, if it matters in the game.

Well some things will always slip through. Still, I hope I’ve not missed too much!

Enno
    Henchman

I know and no complaints from me. All you did a great job. ;

Other than that i only noted a very few glitches, like a repetetive sentence here or glitches like dire/fire there.

NF1 – The Curse of the Sand Lord:
    The X for a certain spot on a certain map is missing. No biggie really…

Apropos map…

Al-Shirkuh map:
    In the Jinn Lands of Old: The Jinn’s Campfire

Fnord
    Minion

Hi, in building a Headsman I’ve noticed a discrepancy between the fluff and crunch regarding Headsmen.
    The description of Tammuz (p. 53) says that many Headsmen follow this god, yet the Headsman Edge (p. 24) has the prereq Devoted, which as I understand it means they don’t worship the gods – and of course that a Headsman can never become a Tammuz priest, something that would be a nice in-game goal.

On an unrelated note: Would you say that activating Ancestral Guardian counts as “spend[ing] a Benny on a Trait roll”, thus gaining a +2 to the Spirit roll from Elan (provided the character has both Edges of course)?

thanks in advance

Enno
    Henchman

It is explained on p65 in the Guild of Headsmen entry. In the past Headsmen were simply paladins of Tammuz in his role as god of Justice, and they still are in Faithful areas like the Caliphate.
    In the Days of Many Gods the Devoted Headsmen founded the Guild in the Sultanate.

So the Professional edge is just for the (devoted) Headsmen of the Guild, while Faithful Headsmen follow their call as paladins of Tammuz.

Elan is officially not allowed in Hellfrost, and also not in Land of Fire. See the SWD conversion rules in the Hellfrost downloads.
    Hypothetically, i would say No, because the spell is a bonus for rerolling dice you screwed up, and to get a second wind. It seems also that you didn’t get the mechanics of Elan right. Please look into the Pinnacle forum, how Clint defines the usage of Elan, as it is more of a core rules question.

😀

Fnord
    Minion

Ah, get it now; so much for that “I’ll kill ’em till they stay dead or your money back.” concept. 😉

Thanks, forgot to check for banned Edges.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close