Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Screen
  • This topic has 23 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Harris. This post has been viewed 2110 times
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I think it’s fair to say that everyone will be disappointed in some way. πŸ™‚

Chase rules = no
    Template sizes = no (if you can’t remember 2″, 4″, 6″ then you need a slap)
    Interludes = no (easily memorized)
    Notable Deeds = no (only used in optional character generation really)

At least I’m an equal opportunity discriminator. πŸ˜€

You guys are kind of an inner circle, since you’ve been regular posters for many years, so it’s very likely you’ll get a look before we finalize. Enno definitely will, since he’s my line editor. πŸ™‚

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

πŸ™‚

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

amerigoV
    Minion

One last thought – probably no room and its Pinnacle – but I love the Quick Combat rules they posted. This could be the first SW screen with that information.

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

Aside from being a more than optional rule not even in the current core rules, I’m not a friend of those Quick Combat Rules, because if a conflict isn’t important why do you start it in the first place. Seriously, I rarely had a fight with a handful of protagonists on both sides, that lasted longer than half a dozen rounds (or few minutes real time).
    No, there are better ways to fill eventual open space FMPOV.

amerigoV
    Minion

Aside from being a more than optional rule not even in the current core rules, I’m not a friend of those Quick Combat Rules, because if a conflict isn’t important why do you start it in the first place. Seriously, I rarely had a fight with a handful of protagonists on both sides, that lasted longer than half a dozen rounds (or few minutes real time).
    No, there are better ways to fill eventual open space FMPOV.

Everybody’s game is different – but I am completely in the opposite camp. Quick Combat is a way to advance the story without slowing down the session. I mix it in with Dramatic tasks (example, drawing a black cards are combat, read cards are survival for a tough journey). Some fights illustrate what is going on and are not meant to be tough and this saves going to rounds. For example, the PCs come upon a few cultist sneaking around – its not tough but the PCs get a clue out of it. Also, its narrative nature allows the players to highlight how they see their characters instead of just what the dice say.

You do have a good point that its an optional rule – makes me wonder if they will make it into the upcoming new version.

I love tools like these (QC, chases, dramatic tasks, social conflicts, mass combat) as they provide narrative options vs. the battlemat. I really fell into “every fight must be a Challenge” back in D&D 3.x and initially carried that over when I came to Savage Worlds. These tools all help expand the story in different ways well beyond this approach.

So the reason I would like them there is to use them on the fly. We can all throw a combat out on the fly but these tools are used less. As an example, it came up last session (see my last write up in LOF). The group decided not to battle this giant one on one and had to take a long route to the goal. I turned it into a dramatic task on the fly and used QC for black card draws (which happened ever time over 5 rounds – a 3% chance!) to illustrate the danger of their travels.

Space is space, so whatever fits I will gladly take.

Left is Death!

dpmcalister
    Administrator

I’d personally prefer not to have any Land of Fire tables.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

We ain’t gonna please everyone – not by a long shot. Since there likely won’t be a pure LOF screen, this one serves for both. Not that three tables is going to break the bank.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Bearman
    Minion

This morsel looks more and more juicy by the day! πŸ™‚

As I’m fully sated by the propositions made I’ll add nothing but praise πŸ™‚

helcanare
    Minion

I would really appreciate if you include Celsius temperature values into all the tables. Can’t do Fahrenheit at all!

Battle Skald from occupied Vestmark

Enno
    Henchman

As I see it, do all tables with temperatures already include columns with imperial and SI units.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close