Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
RIP Greg Stafford
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Well life has decided to kick me the bollocks personally and professionally this week. Two deaths – one family and one a major influence.

Like many of Greg Stafford’s fans I played a lot of Runequest and Pendragon, starting back in school lunch breaks in 1984 (RQ2). I met him once at a convention and heard him read some of his Arkat tales, but never spoke to him. That said, he was a major influence on my work, although he never knew it. His work on the mythology of RQ became my template for Hellfrost. He taught me to look beyond the stats and spell lists favored by other games, and take a hard look at how myths affected people in their daily lives. Without his genius, Hellfrost wouldn’t be as vibrant as it is, and for that I thank him.

RIP Greg – you made your mark on many people.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

As i wrote here one of the most influental personalities of our hobby left the stage.
    His books have been a significant influence for me for almost 40 years because they showed me that role-playing is more than accumulating XP and gold. To this day Glorantha is one of the few settings I like to return to again and again.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close