Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Power too strong?

Home Forums Card/Board Games Halfling Feast Power too strong?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TAG Robin 2 years, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 67 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karmic_Nomad
    Minion

Hello I got this from Games Expo and it is a very neat, tidy, fun little game.

However after a couple of plays whoever played a certain Halfling always seems to win.
    The one who can steal a card from another player as her usual power.
    This seems really powerful as it means you get a card and effectively nullifies another players turn and their power. The poor Halfling whose power is to take two cards and choose one is always a target as it is more than likely he has picked up a good card. The only way around it was for the other three players to gang up and all get cards at the same time so at least two get to use them or (most often) no one bothered using the action cards at all, which is half the game.

Are we using this power correctly?
    I was surprised not to find this on BoardGamegeek.
    Thanks

TAG Robin
    Administrator

Hi

Thanks for picking up Halfling Feast at Expo!

We’ll be changing this power so that it can only be used if a player has more than 1 card. You can start playing this way from now.

However in the games we playtested I never felt this to be an unbalanced power because you can only do one action during your turn – so yes you could be stealing cards on each of your turns but that is all you are doing you won’t be eating food which is the only way to win the game!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close