Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Paris Gothique vs. real history

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susimetsa 3 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 48 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Susimetsa
    Minion

I realise that the source book is a mix of history and fantasy, but I was intrigued by some of the location descriptions, most notably that of L’Academie de l’Anatomie – basically it is a fencing school that later developed into an academy of medicine. Does anyone know if there was a historical basis for this, or if it mere creative license?

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Pretty sure that’s creative license based around the fictional fencing school I created. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Susimetsa
    Minion

Ah, thanks! Would have been a very interesting historical quirk, if it had actually existed. 🙂

Susimetsa
    Minion

I had to come back to this. There was a swordsmaster in Germany in early 17th century (and he was probably not the only one), who also held a doctorate in medicine:

New German rapier treatise added: Joachim Koppen from 1619 (1625)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close