Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
New to TAG and Sundered Skies

Home Forums Savage Worlds – Core Rules & Savage Settings Sundered Skies New to TAG and Sundered Skies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ChicagoGozer 3 years, 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 33 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ChicagoGozer
    Minion

Hi! I have just discovered Sundered Skies and the Savage World system. Kudos to you guys at TAG on Sundered Skies…very cool setting.

I was curious if the setting is still supported? I see it’s been a while since anything new was put out, like the Island Guides. Are there plans for continued support/expansion or are your energies on newer things, like Hell Frost~Land of Fire (which looks cool too)?

Enno
    Henchman

Welcome to the forums, ChicagoGozer.

A posting from last summer might shed some light into the (ongoing) situation…

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Binder wrote:</div>
    Hi Wiggy,

Are you able to elucidate further? Not enough interest in these (the Island Guides) or unable to find the time, etc?

No worries if you can’t, or prefer not to, go into details! Just curious.

Hi Marcus,

Only the author truly knows his own setting. That, coupled with a finite amount of time, means they’re responsible for supporting them. Dave’s a freelancer, and he’s been busy (very busy) with other things. Sometimes writers also need a break from a particular setting in order to get new ideas formulating.* Saying that, Dave has recently talked about going back to the Skies in partnership with Kevin, so maybe we’ll see something.

* Enno can confirm that the Hellfrost Region Guides, for example, were originally going to stop with #44. I’d simply ran out of ideas at the time to do the remaining areas justice. After a few months working on Leagues of Adventure, material for the “missing” RGs appeared in my overcrowded brain.

AFAIK Dave was recently involved with the Savage version of Achtung! Cthulhu, and dabbled a bit in Deadlands Reloaded, Beasts & Barbarians, and Interface Zero.

Fingers crossed, he might find the time for the Skies again…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Binder
    Minion

Fingers crossed, he might find the time for the Skies again…

I hope so! Sundered Skies is by far one my favourite fantasy RPG settings. In the past year or so I’ve run a number of sessions and written a couple of my own adventures (which if I ever get around to putting them on paper, I’ll post here).

My friends seem to enjoy it too, which, of course, is the most important thing 😛

Marcus

- Taking to the Sundered Skies over @ http://inthesunderedskies.blogspot.co.nz/

- Returning to face the horrors... http://www.unboundbook.org

- Stormbringer! - Supporting Stormbringer 5th edition over at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

ChicagoGozer
    Minion

Thanks for the quick reply.

Good to know he is still involved in things at TAG. I know sales have to drive what products take priority. Hopefully Sundered Skies will still get a little attention from time to time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close