Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
My Hellfrost conversion to Adventure Edition

Home Forums Savage Worlds – Core Rules & Savage Settings Hellfrost My Hellfrost conversion to Adventure Edition

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Quigs 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 578 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Red-24
    Minion

I’m pretty stoked about the Adventure Edition and have a new game starting Sunday. Most of the players are to Savage Worlds and all of are new to Hellfrost.

With the fantastic changes in Powers in the SWADE rules, especially the new recharge rules, power modifiers and Shorting, I finally felt it was time for me to convert the Hellfrost magic system to the standard Power Points system from SWADE.

So I’ve created a conversion document, and a list of all the spells used in Hellfrost (both core and setting specific) with the converted PP cost, range, duration and spell description (including modifiers).

Before I share that, I wanted to make sure it was OK to post something that listed all the spells. Can an admin let me know if that’s ok.

"You've taken your first step into a larger world" - Obi Wan Kenobi

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Including all the spell descriptions might be a no-no. Drop me a copy first and I’ll give it a look over before I give a blanket yay or nay, mate.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Red-24
    Minion

That’s why I asked. I’ll send it promptly.

Red-24
    Minion

Ok, Wiggy gave me permission to share my personal SWADE Conversion guide. The guide is in one document and the Spells list with Power Points, new Ranges, and Durations are in another. Note that the Power Point costs for specific Religions should be adjusted where there are limits, such as Boost/Lower Trait affecting only one or two traits as per page 150 of the SWADE core rules.

SWADE: Hellfrost Conversion Guide
    SWADE: Hellfrost Spells using Power Points

Let me know what you think or how it works for your group. We’ve only had one session using these rules, but everyone in the party is a spellcaster, so there were lots cast.

Quigs
    Minion

Red-24, I read over your conversion and have to say you’ve captured nearly everything I could think of. One note on your unavailable powers list, you’ve got Relief mentioned as unavailable. Since this power is the new Succor, which appears on some caster spell lists, I’m thinking this might have been a typo?

Also you noted that you are using the Hellfrost Gear lists. Will you be using the new stats for armor and weapons from SWADE? i.e. plate armor is now +4 protection, greatsword no longer has a Parry penalty, etc.

Red-24
    Minion

I hadn’t really noticed the gear changes. And just reading that section again I realized that Load Limits have changed to a table now. We’ve just been playing with the gear from Hellfrost as is, but it should be a simple matter to adjust the armor bonuses and include minimum strength. I’ll have to take a good look at the changes to weapons too.

Thanks.

Cursed
    Minion

Ok, Wiggy gave me permission to share my personal SWADE Conversion guide. The guide is in one document and the Spells list with Power Points, new Ranges, and Durations are in another. Note that the Power Point costs for specific Religions should be adjusted where there are limits, such as Boost/Lower Trait affecting only one or two traits as per page 150 of the SWADE core rules.

SWADE: Hellfrost Conversion Guide
    SWADE: Hellfrost Spells using Power Points

Let me know what you think or how it works for your group. We’ve only had one session using these rules, but everyone in the party is a spellcaster, so there were lots cast.

Thanks! We might not be playing Hellfrost in the (very) near future (it is like 50/50), but I’m sure these documents will be helpful when the time comes.

Quigs
    Minion

I hadn’t really noticed the gear changes. And just reading that section again I realized that Load Limits have changed to a table now. We’ve just been playing with the gear from Hellfrost as is, but it should be a simple matter to adjust the armor bonuses and include minimum strength. I’ll have to take a good look at the changes to weapons too.
    Thanks.

Yup, they are minor changes but pretty important. An extra +1 Armor for some armors is big! Weapons didn’t change all too much. Most of the Hellfrost gear will work as is too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close