Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
LoF Download(er)
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Enno
    Henchman

Dark tide is a suitable metaphor for an almost unstoppable evil or brutal force. It would barely pass as a kenning, if you ask me…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Inferno
    Minion

I’ve been waiting six years to talk about it. :)

Nobody said that you couldn’t. You’re just too hard on yourself.

Enno
    Henchman

Would have spoiled all the fun, wouldn’t it? 😉

It was OK for me that way. The tension was high and Wiggy didn’t reveal or promised anything major that didn’t made it through development and writing.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Inferno
    Minion

Got home from work to find my books waiting for me in the mailbox.

Now that’s quick shipping!

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Old hats know it’s TAG company policy to talk about things in any detail only when we know they’re close to publication*. Otherwise we’re just talking about vague ideas that may endure long delays or never see the light of day for various reasons. And as Enno says, thing can get cut in order to fit the layout requirements. Usually I have to add stuff to balance the chapters, but not always.

Plus things can change a lot between me “finishing” a manuscript and actually handing it to Rob. As it happened, between me posting basic info about the LOF races and handing over the final, page balanced version of the file, the jinn blooded entry got a complete rewrite. 🙂

* We offered backers the Realm Guide bundle because we knew they were already written. With no art to worry about, all they needed was editing and layout. No risk the backers would never see them.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Yeah, context, and hopefully soon! By “hopefully soon” is the hope in terms of weeks or months?

Just to let you know I haven’t forgotten your July question re: the advertisement. When those months finally cease rolling by I’ll answer. Until then, I hope your patience matches mine.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

tbaker
    Minion

Just to let you know I haven’t forgotten your July question re: the advertisement. When those months finally cease rolling by I’ll answer. Until then, I hope your patience matches mine.

Great memory, Wiggy! I look forward to hearing more. Thanks for keeping us posted.

wmarshal
    Minion

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wmarshal wrote:</div>
    Yeah, context, and hopefully soon! By “hopefully soon” is the hope in terms of weeks or months?

Looking forward to more revelations. Would you be able to at least describe in general terms what this is? A single adventure, or a set of adventures tied together? A novel? A setting book? Some combination?

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Right now, I couldn’t say a thing. I haven’t seen the advert, so I don’t know its context. Rob should be able to help with that — he designed it. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I might have stumbled across the advert while reading Leagues of Adventure last night. 🙂 Does it have a liche-type creature casting a spell and a heroic-type sheltering behind a shield, and the words “The dark tide is here! How will you face it?”

If so, it’s a reference to the various forces of evil, be they orcs, rats swarms, frost giants, or the minions of the Liche-Priest. Tide in this sense is both a metaphor for waves of darkness, which Rassilon faces in various forms, and also used as the archaic word for time (most notably a season).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide_(time)

Looking forward to more revelations. Would you be able to at least describe in general terms what this is? A single adventure, or a set of adventures tied together? A novel? A setting book? Some combination?

It’s just a generic Hellfrost advert. It doesn’t relate to any specific product.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close