Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Herbs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bearman 1 week, 3 days ago. This post has been viewed 127 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Here is how the herb entries will look. I’ve separated the description from the game info here because I can’t be arsed to do all the formatting. 🙂

Frothroot
    One legend holds that Dargar sought to grant his followers greater powers. Unwilling to break the Compact, he picked a fight with Tiw. Although the contest was considered a draw, Dargar’s insidious plan worked—droplets of his blood fell to the mortal realm, where they sank into the soil and grew as frothroot. Another tells that the first frothroot grew from the spittle of Dargar in one of his many violent rages.

Appearance: Frothroot’s stem grows dark red near the base and grows lighter near the top; the flowers are white with red veins clearly apparent; the thick roots are blood red; Habitat: Western Low Winterlands; Season: Winter; Rarity: Rare; Prices: 6 gs per tuber; Availability: Village; Remedies: Berserk
    Other Notes: Only the root can be used in herbal remedies.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

amerigoV
    Minion

Love the flavor!

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

Great one

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Every herb will have some sort of flavor text – I think it adds to the background. For instance…

Grave Weed
    Although the armies of the Liche-Priest enjoyed great success, they were eventually driven back into what is now the Liche Lands of Old. It is said that as their necromantically-empowered corpses fell on the soil of the Barrowdales, a great many evil spirits were awakened.

Grave weed grows only on barrows and cairns still containing sleeping dead, those who failed or refused to answer the Liche-Priest’s call to arms. It is thus of some comfort for explorers to find corpse blossom, for they know that whoever lies beneath their feet is not an undead.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

amerigoV
    Minion

Well, I did not quickly find the post where you were thinking of doing an alchemy book so I will post it here. But I did have an idea to add. I was in RealmqWorks cleaning up some monster entries when I came across the Corrosive Rot. It would be pretty cool if monstrous Plants could be incorporated.

For monsters at large its impractical just due to the shear number (and maybe that is more Alchemy trappings anyway), but perhaps a simple system could be built. Something like you are able to select a Special Ability for a one-time use (but with heavy GM adjudication). For the Corrosive Rot for example, it might be get a bonus to Notice for a time from the Vibration Sense special ability.

Just spitballin a few ideas that came whilst toying around

Left is Death!

Bearman
    Minion

I’m really looking forward to this as well!

One of my players has a character who was head chef of a household in the Magocracy. We’ve been using herbalism as an ancnient art of semi-magical cooking only known by a secret cabal of master chefs.
    So this treatment of herb and spice gathering is exactly what we need and the flavourtext makes gathering spices much more fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close