Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Hellfrost Solar System

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve finally started running a Hellfrost campaign, rather than just converting all the PDFs to Fantasy Grounds, this has lead me to wonder a few things (I have not got around to re-reading all the books yet so the answers may well be in some of them)

1) Does the moon have a name? (In Eostre Festival I noticed that the sun seems to be named Sigel) so is the moon Maera?

2) This got me thinking about the rest of the solar system, I know some constellations have been described in Matters of Faith, but are any other planets named?

The main reason for the second question is that I have long had a desire to run a Savage Worlds version of SpellJammer and thought it might be fun to have it start on Rassilon 🙂

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage!

Enno
    Henchman

1) Does the moon have a name? (In Eostre Festival I noticed that the sun seems to be named Sigel) so is the moon Maera?

Of course, and some are more poetic than others.
    Usually, it’s associated with the Goddess of Magic, and called the Moon, Maera’s Ember, Niht’s Bane, or simply Maera.
    Remember that the things have different names throughout history and among the numerous cultures.
    That’s why the moon is one of Shamash’s Eyes in Al-Shirkuh. Before Suleiman’s death however it was more often associated with Ishkar, Shamash’s Daughter and a minor deity today. Devoted refer to the sun and moon as the Lanterns of Asha. In Sandspeech they are called Al-Yamun (The Bright One) and Al-Hemenat (The Cold One).
    In the Jade Empire Tsukuyomi seems to be one name of the moon, which is probably male in this culture. However our knowledge of this distant realm is very fragmented and unreliable.

2) This got me thinking about the rest of the solar system, I know some constellations have been described in Matters of Faith, but are any other planets named?

The main reason for the second question is that I have long had a desire to run a Savage Worlds version of SpellJammer and thought it might be fun to have it start on Rassilon 🙂

Except for the references throughout Hellfrost and Lands of Fire, not officially.

Knock yourself out! It’s your game, mate 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close