Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Hellfrost Atlas
  • This topic has 74 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by Enno. This post has been viewed 7039 times
Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    wmarshal
    Minion

This is going to be a gorgeous and useful book. This might be jumping the gun, but I think this could be considered a candidate for an Ennie quality-wise, but I’m not sure with its limited production run how hard it will be for it to enter the awareness of the Ennie folks that it should be considered for nomination. With at least the vast majority of the print run going directly to backers does it become the proverbial tree in the forest? Anyone have any insights/ideas on how this (visibility to the Ennie folks) can happen?

Inferno
    Minion

…how hard it will be for it to enter the awareness of the Ennie folks that it should be considered for nomination…Anyone have any insights/ideas on how this (visibility to the Ennie folks) can happen?

Paging Kurt Wiegel. Kurt Wiegel, please report to this thread.

I’m sure it won’t escape Kurt’s notice, but I have no idea what the nomination criteria are.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I thought the ENnies were a popular vote. Pretty much means anything with Paizo or Cthulhu on the cover wins. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

wmarshal
    Minion

I believe that is true, but I still think there must be some process that takes quality into account exists that determines the nominations. I also think there are some awards that the judges determine. They must have judges for some actual purpose.

So I went to their site to glimpse at the rules.
    http://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/rules-and-how-to-enter/

For a physical product they want 6 copies. That seems a bit of a significant donation given the small size of the print run this will have.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

A print run of exactly the number of hardcover backers, you mean? 🙂 Yeah, that makes it very tricky.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

“You may submit either a print copy of your product or an electronic copy of your product, but not both.”

As i read their rules and looked at the 2014 nominees, you might enter the competition as an electronic book, like Broken Earth and Shaintar did this year.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

dpmcalister
    Administrator

I’ve been nominated (or, rather, websites I run have) for an ENnie 6 times since 2004 (and also received an honourable mention) but never received enough votes for Silver or Gold status because it is, basically, a popularity contest once judges have made their shortlist.

That said, making the shortlist is an achievement in itself (especially for my websites ;)) and certainly gave me a spike in visitors (both in the run-up to the vote and afterwards) so it might have a monetary effect for product – especially if you submit an electronic version.

I’d certainly vote for you 😉

Enno
    Henchman

ditto.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Robin
    Administrator

Stretch goals added!

Reached the first one already!

Wolfx
    Minion

Quick question about the Atlas. Is there a possibility of including the answers here as an appendix of sorts;

http://www.tripleacegames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1862&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=adventure+locations&sid=cfcf7f84bca3d250d93832e99ccf19de

Thanks

Aric

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close