Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Glory & Convention Characters
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m running Reign of Fire at UK Games Expo at the end of the month and using six of the Curse of the Sand Lord pre-generated characters.

I’ve advanced them to Seasoned and I was looking for advice on how I should handle Glory – both in respect of what they should have as a PC and in a convention setting as a whole.

So:

– Apart from the +5 Glory for the rank advancement, what level of Glory should I assign?

– Whilst I can understand the Glory mechanic in a campaign, how should it best be utilised in a one-off convention scenario? I’d like to envisage at least one of the PCs breaking a Glory ‘threshold’ and being able to gain an advance. Connections not necessarily being useful in this particular scenario nor really Heroic Status.

All wise words and advice welcomed!

Enno
    Henchman

Just give them 20 glory, the average for two bigger adventures and raises on each Glory roll.

Usually awarding Glory is only interesting in longer play, not one- shots. So ignore it. Yet include the awards into the character generation. Generally I assume 25 glory points per rank, except Novice.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Ignore it. Having a character hit a Glory break is nice, but it’s lost time in a 4-hour slot and odds are the player won’t ever use that character again so he has no investment. Showcase the core setting – races, magic, deities, monsters, rather than the “extra touch” rules. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Thanks Wiggy, that was my inclination too but it was mentioned when it was play tested.

Enno
    Henchman

When i create pregens for a one-shot I simply add the glory awards as “just another cool ability” on the character sheet, especially when they have things like Heroic Aura.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close