Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
GenCon 2013?

Home Forums Conventions GenCon 2013?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Red-24 4 years, 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 82 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

drsmitty
    Minion

Who’s going to GenCon 2013? I see one Hellfrost session planned so far. Any more planned?

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Who’s going to GenCon 2013?

Alas, not I.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

drsmitty
    Minion

Well that’s disappointing to hear. Maybe in 2014 then.

Nostromos
    Minion

Maybe I’ll see about running one next year. I’ll run one here in Denver at GenghisCon first in Feb and see how well it works out first.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

drsmitty
    Minion

Well have returned from GenCon. It was my first GenCon, and was honestly a bit overwhelming at first. I did managed to catch a Hellfrost session. Thanks to Jon Woodland for running it. We had a good time kicking some goblin and orcish butt! I was disappointed not to see TAG there, but did meet a number Savage Worlds fans, and the Pinnacle booth looked to be getting a lot of traffic. If I return next year I may consider running a session myself.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Glad you had a good con! The size of GenCon can be something of a shock first time out. I remember walking into the trade hall for the first time, which was partly empty as booths were being erected, and being amazed at its immensity.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Red-24
    Minion

I ran two session of “The Black Ice of Karad Marn” at Gencon. I’m not sure if anyone else ran Hellfrost, but at least that was two sessions. I had 5 players for the Wednesday night game and 3 for the Friday night game. Everyone had a good time.

I was happy to see parents with their kids at my tables, and the kids really took to the Hellfrost setting well. No player deaths in either of my Hellfrost games (but plenty in my Darwin’s World sessions).

So sad that you couldn’t be there Wiggy, since it’s unlikely I’ll get to another GenCon for at least a few years. I did get to meet most of the Pinnacle crew though, so all was not lost.

"You've taken your first step into a larger world" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Starhawk
    Minion

“The Black Ice of Karad Marn” turns up in a lots of cons in a Google search, but I can’t find anywhere to buy it. (And your sessions at GenCon 2013 were full before I could get in.)

Is it a free adventure? Can I have a copy?

It looks like my group is going to Karad Marn in a couple of sessions and I’d like to see what other people (or TAG) have done with it. It’s the last ‘civilized’ stop before they go and get killed climbing the Icewall, so I’d like to make it memorable…

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

I’m guessing it’s one of Red-24’s home-brewed con adventures.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

Contact Red and ask him if he will share it with the community! 😉

The pitch he posted on the Pinnacle forum in February sounded promising:

Hellfrost – The Black Ice of Karad Marn – Wed 6-10PM and Fri 6-10PM
    Number of players: 2 – 5
    Description: The great Dwarven city of Karad Marn has been primarily in orcish hands for over six decades; ever since the Frost Dwarves, in their eagerness to expand, broke into a major orc stronghold. Now, the rediscovery of an ancient burial vault may hold a key to turning the tide of the battle.
    Play as a group of Frost Dwarves, as they fight their way deep into the Black Ice of Karad Marn. “

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close