Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Elan in the LOF
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amerigoV
    Minion

My group is hooked on Elan (well, so am I) – one of the more popular edges the players in my group select.

I recall from the SWD document that Elan is technically not available in Hellfrost (Rassilon). In LOF, I did not see it listed in the excluded edges. Just wanted to check if there was something different about LOF that had Elan as allowable or did it default to being not available via the conversion document.

(I am probably going to allow the edge anyway, I just wanted to know if it is a true diversion from the intended setting rules or not).

Thanks!

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

The SWD document applies for LoF, and any future Hellfrost subsettings too. So officially Elan is not allowed.

Hellfrost intends to be heroic, man-against-nature fantasy, not high, kickin’-ass-mary-sue-style fantasy. There are already enough supportive spells (like Fortunes Favored), edges (certain Disciple edges), gear (Norn charms), and special rules (Rune bennies, HF Action deck) that Elan would change the intended tone of the game too much.

However, it’s your game. Have fun to change it as much as you like. πŸ˜‰

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

amerigoV
    Minion

However, it’s your game. Have fun to change it as much as you like.

It will be like a union negotiation – what will they give me in return for Elan πŸ™‚

Left is Death!

amerigoV
    Minion

Separate question. We were doing character creation this past week. I am positive (as is another person with the books) that there was some kind of modifier based on your armor to your Vigor roll against Heat (ie, wearing Plate would put you at more risk). But, we cannot find it. It simply seems to be if you have enough water, your golden. Perhaps armor (and any other gear) is just a consideration if water runs low that it would be an issue (a GM call vs. an explicit rule)

I do not have a problem with that (simple), but I just wanted to make sure I (we) were not missing it since one player is eyeing heaver armor.

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

There is no such armor/heat roll modifier rule in this setting AFAIK (and i checked all the books, just to be sure).

The only rule i found that might affect wearing plate in the heat (or cold) is in the Hellfrost PHB: “If non-tailored [plate] armor is worn, the user suffers a –1 penalty to all his physical trait tests.”
    I never used this penalty this way, but some GMs might do.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

amerigoV
    Minion

Thanks for checking!

Left is Death!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close