Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Detect/Conceal & Genganger

Home Forums Savage Worlds – Core Rules & Savage Settings Hellfrost Detect/Conceal & Genganger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wiggy, can you clarify how the above interact please?

If a hrimwisard is husing Detect/Conceal for magic or arcana, does it detect the true nature of a genganger or does it fail as the genganger is a ‘living’ creature?

Cheers

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Happy to oblige!

I would have replied sooner but I was in a telephone meeting with Robster (and I’m about to go food shopping after making this reply in case you have follow up questions).

Detect arcana would reveal one thing and one thing only – that it’s a supernatural entity. As written, the spell gives no specifics about the creature’s nature (house rules may differ), concealed ot otherwise.

Mages and clerics also register as supernatural creatures, since they can invoke spells/miracles, so the spell cannot be used to reveal the true nature of a genganger, shapeleaper, vampire, or anything else.

Naturally, it’s easy to prove whether it’s a spellcaster by asking it to cast a spell, but that would be insulting. Anyway, it might have an innate ability that causes it to register – possibly Arcane Resistance or God Cursed, depending on how you see them in the game. Easy to explain away why a seemingly innocent creatures shows up on detect arcana. 🙂

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close