Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Delay Spell Edge
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I just got the Organization Guide and have been reading through it. The Delay Spell Edge is kind of strange. It’s a cool ability to have but I can’t think of any instances that it would be really useful. Could somebody give me an example of how it should be used?

Enno
    Henchman

The magician is Teleported out of the frey after a few rounds of combat.

A Blast explodes in a hollow-way, where a horde of ice goblins may eventually come through in a few rounds.

At a predetermined time a Voice on the Wind calls for backup and a Healing treats any wounds.

You will usually use spells manipulated with this edge more tactically, then usual. You may cast a spell beforehand “to go for a raise”, so that you may have guaranteed success in the upcoming encounter. You may cover your back with a few “shoot and forget” spells, like Fear, Burst or Blast, that hold off any opponents by being activated automatically over the next 6 rounds, while you concentrate you efforts in the other direction, where the more important things occur.

This edge is especially potent with instant spells.

Another nice effect: Cover an area with 3 or 4 area of effects spells that go off in 6, 5, and 4 rounds. Because the casting takes usually a round these spells go off a the same time. A good method to set almost perfect killing ground for any hordes, troops or swarms approaching your possition in the next rounds.

These are just a few of the more obvious applications of the edge, that came to my mind…

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

I hadn’t thought of the 3 AoE spells at once which is a very cool effect.

I guess I just don’t see the point in having a spell like armor or deflection prepared to go off that you might not need. I guess it’s more for non-maintained spells, but as the saying goes “No plan survives contact with the enemy.”

Enno
    Henchman

Like i said, this edges effect is rather obvious for most instant spells. Maintained spells have usually only an advantage when you have a good guess when you need the spells effect. It just spares you a round of casting in a conflict.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close