Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Coming Soon!

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Enno 4 hours, 36 minutes ago. This post has been viewed 201 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Hellfrost Resource Management 2nd Edition
    ==========
    When we devised Hellfrost we wanted it to be a game about heroes—men and women who, through brave and noble deeds, could aspire to fame and glory. That we achieved. That said, the only permanent legacy a hero could leave was a name for his ancestors to honor and skalds to sing about. Then we created the _Resource Management_ rules, which allowed heroes to run communities. Now, we’re proud to release a 2nd edition of those rules. We’ve dragged Wiggy away from his current projects to talk about the new edition.

Why a new version?
    The current rules do their job well, but the Resource was isolated from the wider world, a blip on the map affected only by random events. In the new version, the Resource has multiple neighbors with whom the ruler can interact. Not only do some random events involve them, but the heroes can use Ruler Actions each season to affect the neighbors. If you want a trade alliance to boost your prosperity, you can ask a neighbor, for instance. Likewise, you don’t have to wait for raiders – you can decide to launch an attack against them.

Doesn’t this change the feel of the game?
    Yes, and that is intentional. Adventuring is one way of playing _Hellfrost_, but this gives another dimension. It gives the heroes a place in the world and makes their actions important not just for themselves but for future generations. One might, for instance, start with a small village in the Freelands, but grow to carve up more land and become a major player in the region. Not that adventuring is forgotten – that’s why you hire officials to run the Resource will you go slaughtering monsters.

So it’s _Birthright_ for _Hellfrost_?
    On a much smaller scale. We’re not creating rules for running kingdoms, interacting with distant realms, or conquering the world.

Any major changes to the rules?
    Quite a few actually. First, we’ve added Resource Faith, which is the collective Faith of the inhabitants. This in turn has altered other things, such as how certain Events work and Resource miracles. We’ve added new officials, such as clerics, inquisitors, and reeves. Armies and raids have been streamlined, making it much easier to handle your troops. Many of the Events have been tweaked, but there are also new ones.

When will it be out?
    The PDF will be released next week!

Author: Paul “Wiggy” Wade-Williams
    Page Count: 67

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Cnut
    Minion

I was so excited to get the news via the TAG Talk email this morning.

Just in time for my new Hellfrost campaign starting December 16. I expect the Resource Management 2nd Edition to play a major part of the campaign and the combat related adventures to play supporting roles much of the time.

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Bearman
    Minion

Yuletide is here bringing good cheer!!

Really looking forward to this baby! 🙂

Cnut
    Minion

Obsessively checking website for news of the release of the PDF. Hope it still is a go for this week….

Enno
    Henchman

Good things often take long, great things even longer.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Enno
    Henchman

Obsessively checking website for news of the release of the PDF. Hope it still is a go for this week….

NEW: Hellfrost Resource Management 2nd Edition

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/228784/Hellfrost-Resource-Management-2nd-Edition

Cnut
    Minion

Happy happy!

DVeight
    Minion

Thank you. I was looking for it in the triple ace games product page and was wondering why it wasn’t there!! I wasn’t aware of it being on the rpgnow product list.

Thank you anyway and purchase made. keep up the great work!!

Enno
    Henchman

There were a few glitches with the file i forwarded to Wiggy.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Fixing them as Enno passes on them to me!

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close