Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
City Book Contents

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bearman 1 year, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 252 times

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

wmarshal
    Minion

Looking forward to these. I’m not sure what the section “The Sun” is actually supposed to be about. Could you explain further? Is it a guide to when the sun rises and sets through the year?

Enno
    Henchman

It’s a table listing sunrise, sunset and hours of daylight for the first day each month. See the Aslov Gazetteer for an example.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Exactly as Enno says. Took some work figuring it out, but I’ve found a solution I’m happy with. 🙂

First, there is no Greenwich Meridian equivalent and therefore no universal clock — every city keeps its own time, so I’ve ignored longitude.

Second, I’ve assumed the world is flat when calculating latitude. Not very scientific, but it should suffice for gaming purposes – you’ll know when the sun rises and sets. The essence remains that the further north you are the shorter the days are in winter and the longer they are in summer.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Enno
    Henchman

The discussion about the exact times of sunrise and sunset is somewhat academic anyway, because the inhabitants measure time in 3-hour gaets and know no minutes nor seconds to divide them further.
    Their day always begins with First Gaet at dawn and it moves according to the seasons.
    In Aslov in particular, dusk falls between the middle of 3rd gaet in Snaermonan (high winter) to the middle of the 6th gaet in Scerranmonan (high summer).
    Without exact timekeeping pieces the local time has to be an approximation anyway. 🙂

In the very rare case that the heroes travel in an exceptionally fast pace across the continent, for instance with a magicians Sanctuary spell, there is an approximate time difference of 3-4 hours (or 1 – 1.5 gaets) between the city of Sandvik in Ostmark and Calivar in the Battlelands.

Bearman
    Minion

I’ll tell my huscarls to start packing a mule cart with gold scields rigth away!

What a wonderful book this will turn out to be! 🙂

Enno
    Henchman

Books, Plural, 5 of them. 😉

Your huscarl has time until late spring next year.

Bearman
    Minion

Ah yeeess!

All 5 shall be mine!
    And secretly I shall plot with the Highpriests of Hoenir to get a hardback compendium of all five in the works! (Dare to dream eh?!)

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

A compendium is so far off the TAG radar that you’re the first person to even mention it. 🙂

As for another five city books, well that’s a possibility for late 2016.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Bearman
    Minion

Aha!

Another five books? Sounds delicious Sir!

Just don’t let the Paladins of Niht get wind of this 🙂

As you may have surmised I’m quite fond of the setting and the format you’ve chosen for world information is very detailed and flavoured yet leaves much room for GM creativity.

Kudos to you!

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

My office is shielded by the cult of Tviblindi. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close