Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
City Book 6 GOOD NEWS!!
  • This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 3084 times
Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Enno
    Henchman

How can I be offended if the criticism is justified, mate? How should I know where something was overlooked. That’s the only way to improve and how we Germans tick!
    So, give me a few examples, please. 😉

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no nationality, but over here in England at least, people vary a great deal. One man’s ‘justified’ is another man’s ‘unjustified,’ and some people take offence very readily. I’m glad you’re more thick-skinned 🙂

Whilst at home this morning, I was able to spend a couple of hours making a cursory check of about half of the book. I started with the first few pages for each city, and also included the three consecutive paragraphs from page 25, which I’ve mentioned flipping to by chance.

Now I am back at work, and able to use the computer here, I can provide what I hope might give you some idea of what I’ve been meaning. Please note that “para. 1” would denote the first full paragraph of a page, not including inset text.:-

HALFWAY

p3, para. 9: “around in” should be either “around” or “in”

p4, ‘Rules of the Realm’: Under ‘Snobbery,’ “very Rich” should be “Very Rich”

p5, para. 1: “candidates” should be deleted

p6, para. 5: “anymore” should be “anyone” or “anybody”

p7, para. 4: “Thus” should be “Those”
    para. 8: Insert “at” before “any time”
    para. 12: “there is usually” should be “there are usually”
    para. 13: “he just like” should be “he just likes”
    para. 14: “more so” should be “less so”?
    para. 15: “and no clue” should be “and have no clue”

p8, para. 3: “as far afield” should be deleted. “and north to Aslov” should be “and as far north as Aslov”

GLASSPORT

p18, para. 3: “kits” should be “its”
    para. 6: after “waning” insert “with”
    para. 8: “empire” should be capitalised?
    para. 10: “Glassporters” should be “Southporters”?

p19 para. 1: “began operating” should be “beginning operation”
    para. 3: “titles the counts have issued” should be “to whom the counts have issued titles”

p20, para. 19 (last para.): “exercise” should be “excise”
    p21, para. 3 “family attends” should be “families attend”
    para. 13: “Lanternmakers” and “Chandlers” should each end with an apostrophe.

p25, para. 4 “Most houses and” should be “Most houses are”
    para. 5: “hurried to” should be “hurriedly”
    para. 6: “amount of windows” should be “number of windows”?
    para. 7: “extinguish with the lanterns” should be “extinguish the lanterns”

Enno
    Henchman

Thanks, mate. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re very welcome, sir! 🙂
    Please let me know if I may be of service in the future; my rates are very reasonable 🙂

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Alas, we all have bad days. I’ve made the corrections you listed above. Nothing can be done with the print copies already sent out, but we can at least update the PDFs.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

amerigoV
    Minion

The print arrived for me yesterday! Looks very nice. Looks like Kev-La is on some of the minor oops (hey, I am not complaining – its a hard deal and small teams). If I see any other’s I will post.

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

Thanks. Be entertained, mate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alas, we all have bad days. I’ve made the corrections you listed above. Nothing can be done with the print copies already sent out, but we can at least update the PDFs.

Nice one, Wiggy! I do not expect my book to change, obviously, but it is nice to think I’ve been able to contribute in a small way to the digital version 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close