Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Bonus cards

Home Forums Card/Board Games Rocket Race Bonus cards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TAG Robin 2 years, 5 months ago. This post has been viewed 271 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

timbolton
    Minion

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to back the Kickstarter when it happened for Rocket Race, I’m just wondering will there ever be any way to get the bonus cards you offered via that? I picked up the pre-kickstarter version at the Games Expo in 2014 and this year I got the retail set at Games Expo 2015.

"It is not all pleasure, this exploration." - David Livingstone, April 1873

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

You mean the gold (first 120 backers) and silver (first 240 backers) sets, mate?

I don’t think we’ve made a final decision yet, but nothing prevents us from selling them at some stage. Backers got theirs for free, so they still gained a bonus reward for helping us fund the project.

Wiggy
    Triple Ace Games Creative Director
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

Dods80
    Minion

Hello,

I would say sell them at conventions where you have a booth or give them away as a special prize but to just sell them from the store is a no no.
    The people that backed the project didn’t get them free as you state. They were exclusives offered as an incentive to early fund the project and without those incentives the project might not of got funded. This you owe to those backers to keep it this way otherwise whats the draw to back early when you know that at some point its going to be available at a later date.

Dods.

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

Fair points, Dods, and well made. We don’t intend to piss anyone off. 🙂

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

timbolton
    Minion

Oh, I am definitely not wanting backers to be put out, incentives are incentives but yes it would be nice to be able to get them (for a price) at conventions since not everyone can afford to back projects but I have bought everything that TAG has produced for LoA, so far, and stuff you can only get at conventions, I am going to be hitting the Games Expo every year from now on 🙂

As for the cards, I misread the kickstarter page, I thought the bolt, cog and piston card sets were actually extra sets, not part of the main set (and unlocked via backers). So I thought there were special cards that came extra!

"It is not all pleasure, this exploration." - David Livingstone, April 1873

TAG Wiggy
    Administrator

The bolt, cog, and piston sets were different to the gold and silver cards in that they were stretch goals. They were generic cards that would have expanded the cards in every set, but sadly never got funded.

Wiggy
    wiggy@tripleacegames.com

TAG Robin
    Administrator

We’ve made a decision on the Gold and Silver cards – if there are any left we’ll take them to conventions where we will sell them – but they won’t appear for mail order. Once they are gone we won’t reprint them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close