Your gateway to fun filled adventure!
Are Sand Goblins … Goblins?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  amerigoV 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 199 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

amerigoV
    Minion

A strange question, I know. But what prompted it was reading the Hellfrost Creature Guide. There was some unique traits to the Ice Goblins (more bat looking, no gender/sex organs (and a mystery as to where more of them come from), and 4 fingered hands with the outer digits both able to act as thumbs).

It got me wondering about Sand Goblins since I am running LoF and I have minor antagonist that is a Sand Goblin. I did not see anything in the LOF book or the LOF RG #4 (Southern Desert) that said anything similar to HCG on the topic. That said, there wasn’t anything in the LOF the explicitly contradicted the HCG information (ie, it never said “they reproduce prodigiously in the slums” or something like that).

So just a curiosity – are Sand Goblins just a variant of Ice Goblins or are they just a “normal” small, ugly, humanoid race that have been dubbed goblins for lack of a better term?

If it has not been decided or thought about, I lean to making them “goblins” – I think it adds to their oddity that no one (not even the goblins) really know where they “come from.”

Left is Death!

Enno
    Henchman

So just a curiosity – are Sand Goblins just a variant of Ice Goblins or are they just a “normal” small, ugly, humanoid race that have been dubbed goblins for lack of a better term?

More like the latter. As you can see in the Setting Guide and Realm Guide #4, the scholars and wise men of the other races do not agree where the Sand Goblins come from. As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle, meaning that they probably sprang from an ancient nomadic people with orcish language and developed over the last thousands of years into the shunned people they are today.
    One thing is for sure, they have evolved naturally and were not created like their namesakes up north.

High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

amerigoV
    Minion

TY!

Left is Death!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close