Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rassilon Map, FR style
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snikle

No Cards!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Rassilon Map, FR style Reply with quote

I made a small map of Rassilon a few days back for a friend and he liked it and that got me inspired to do up a larger one. I split the world map in quarters and started with the corner he is running his game in.
Map is below.

Amaril

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder your laptop exploded.

Seriously, this is awesome work. The clarity of the map makes it much easier to follow what's where. Good job, snikle!

Now where's your next article for TDoL? ;P
RealityBlurs: The Tweeting
Reality Blurs on Facebook
Sid

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work snikle! It's inspiring me to finish my CC3 version of the eastern freelands.

So, Amaril.. everywhere I look, there you are. Eberron, zombies, savage worlds, hellfrost. We seem to like the same things.
Amaril

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, man! (That's a good thing right?) heheh

Speaking of which, I decided to trade in all of my D&D 3e/v3.5 supplements (except the core rules, Expanded Psionics Handbook, and all of my Eberron books) to a local book store for store credit. I think they can order books, so I'm hoping I'll be able to order Hellfrost and Fantasy Companion. I should be able to get enough credit that I can buy the other Hellfrost books when they come out.
Sid

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaril wrote:
I know, man! (That's a good thing right?)

of course it is!

Amaril wrote:
(except the core rules, Expanded Psionics Handbook, and all of my Eberron books)

that's all I have remaining too, plus complete psi and heroes of terror.

btw, just finished World War Z last week. I'd been hearing about it for some time but when I noticed it on Immaterial Plane I finally ordered it. Great stuff. Although I've caught myself hoarding non perishable food stuffs now. (I don't know who I'm trying to kid anyway, I live in London, I'd be a goner in the zombie apocalypse).
Amaril

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid wrote:
btw, just finished World War Z last week. I'd been hearing about it for some time but when I noticed it on Immaterial Plane I finally ordered it. Great stuff. Although I've caught myself hoarding non perishable food stuffs now. (I don't know who I'm trying to kid anyway, I live in London, I'd be a goner in the zombie apocalypse).
If you don't have an Audible.com account, I recommend creating a new one for a trial period in which they give you a free credit which can get you a copy of the abridged audio book version. It's got a great cast of famous actors including Alan Alda, Carl Reiner, Rob Reiner, Henry Rollins and more. They do a great job of bringing the interviewees to life.

snikle recommended another good book titled Day by Day Armageddon. Once I'm done with the other two books I have on my plate, I'm going to get a copy of that and read it.

Speaking of The Immaterial Plane, I've got a sample Artificer ready to go up there soon. It was pretty easy to create. Keep an eye out.

My next effort will be to finally get those Dragonmarks and related Powers up. I've been waiting on the new Fantasy Companion to see if it offers anything new in the way of Edges and Powers. Still waiting for the PDF to hit RPGNow/DTRPG.
GrimJesta

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm casting Raise Dead on this thread with my awesome powers of Necromancy. Why? Because I just realized that I'm using the map in this thread for my games and apparently there's more to come.

Snickle, any more of these? I'm begging you, man. BEGGING!!! On my hands and knees.

Smile

-=Grim=-
snikle

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately GrimJesta, I was working on these maps while I was deployed to Iraq last year and shortly before I posted this, my laptop took a dumb and was in fact, dead. I am now back in the states (incidentally in a new unit preparring to return meto Iraq later this year) and I have very little hobby time. I believe these maps were among the itemsi was able to save from the dead laptop, and in the future I may work on them again, but for the foreseeable future.....most likely not. Just do not have the time to work on the maps.
GrimJesta

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's a shame. Your maps rock.

-=Grim=-
snikle

No Cards!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I have to be honest though, besides my own friends and you... I received very little feedback at all on the maps. I really think most people do not care for this style map.
Amaril

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snikle wrote:
Thank you! I have to be honest though, besides my own friends and you... I received very little feedback at all on the maps. I really think most people do not care for this style map.
I think you're wrong! You need to finish these maps somehow. I don't care if you burnout another laptop doing it! Razz

Seriously, Lazzaretti's maps are very popular. Even the Khorvaire map for v3.5 Eberron Campaign Setting looks sexy.

Lazzaretti is also a huge source of inspiration for Jonathan Roberts (torstan on the RPTools.net forums). You were doing amazing work with emulating Lazzaretti's style as well.

In fact, TAG should contract you for freelance work!
coyote6

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly new to the forum, and didn't want to necro the thread just to say "Neat", but since it's been raised already, I'll chime in and say the map looks awesome.
Cursed

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snikle wrote:

Me likes! It's very beautiful map.

-Cursed
GrimJesta

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snikle wrote:
...besides my own friends and you... I received very little feedback at all on the maps. I really think most people do not care for this style map.

Well, besides the posts that immediately followed this post you did, ones praising your maps, those in in Hellfrost campaign think it's amazing. Some of them are Forgotten Realms fans and immediately recognized the style. Some just thought it looks clean and more user-friendly than the official map. You map also leaves a lot of room to pencil/ink in your own villages, ruins, cities and terrain features, something hard to do on the map in the back of the Gazetteer.

No really, I'd be willing to pay for a map like yours. Even if I had to print it out my self.

Also: there's not a lot of people on these forums. It seems like the same dozen or two people posting in the Hellfrost area, and many of them lurk more than post. I think your map is way more appreciated than you think.

And if that's all you're able to put out? Well, looks like I kmow where my campaign is starting after all. Hah.

-=Grim=-
Cursed

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimJesta wrote:
You map also leaves a lot of room to pencil/ink in your own villages, ruins, cities and terrain features, something hard to do on the map in the back of the Gazetteer.

No really, I'd be willing to pay for a map like yours. Even if I had to print it out my self.

Me too, I'd happily pay for the rest of map pieces. As Grim said, map is clear and has a lot of empty space, which is a good thing.

-Cursed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: