Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AFO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raptor2

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: AFO Reply with quote

Just sending vibes out...this game is still awesome and I hope we aren't seeing the last of it.
Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough manpower, I fear. Sad
Too many Man-o-war-vikings and Ali-Babas at the moment. Cool
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Leagues of Adventure. That's getting plenty of regular support.

Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's getting plenty of regular support.

Too much, at the moment. Crying or Very sad
The potential of AfO IMHO is a whole lot bigger than LoA but that´s just me
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ubiquity is to grow, it needs diversity in its settings.

Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Ubiquity is to grow, it needs diversity in its settings.

Not really a valid argument in the case of LoA, sorry to say that. To me it´s just HEX 50 years earlier - and that´s not really a diversity.

But that´s not the point here. The point is, that there are some adventures, that were announced and still are not out, and that it looks like the line is left to die quietly.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Althalus wrote:
Not really a valid argument in the case of LoA, sorry to say that. To me it´s just HEX 50 years earlier - and that´s not really a diversity.

I disagree (thought admit there are some similarities), but we're not here to argue.

Quote:
The point is, that there are some adventures, that were announced and still are not out, and that it looks like the line is left to die quietly.

They're still on the schedule. They haven't been dropped or quietly shuffled off to development hell. Two books, five adventures, and 22 small supplements isn't a bad haul from a small company that supports multiple lines simultaneously. We came out running, now we're into the slower jog.

CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on a New World adventure? April 1st 1636 saw the ship Saint Jehan head off to Acadia.
I know it is Paris and Musketeers, but a traipse across the known world would be cool.

Carribean adventures could have voodoo trappings for the ritual magic.
Runeslinger

Three

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not big on scenarios, personally. I am far fonder of source books and story seeds. I understand the appeal and the sense in producing them, I am just sharing my personal response to them~
Wink

I am very fond of both LoA and AfO, but AfO is by far my favorite of the existing Ubiquity lines and is likely to remain so even when RoM finally sees the light of day. That said, LoA is a brilliant piece of work which I hope inspires all future line releases in terms of organization and included information.

Genre is a tricky thing to communicate and the confusion between HEX and LoA demonstrates this again and again. However, it is my belief that LoA has as good a chance of communicating its intended genre as it is possible to achieve in print.

All for One is a bit of genius though, and rarely a day passes that I don't give it thought and tinker a bit with my campaign setting. I would love to see more support for it if only to keep people talking and thinking about it, but such a solid job was done in laying the groundwork in the Richelieu's Guides I am hard pressed to think of what is left to do... other than mundane things like a bestiary and a who's who of the vile and the virtuous.

Last edited by Runeslinger on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runeslinger wrote:
I am not big on scenarios, personally. I am far fonder of source books and story seeds. I understand the appeal and the sense in producing them, I am just sharing my personal response to them~
Wink

Despite having written around 50 scenarios for various settings and systems, I'm not fond of them either. Smile

Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am hard pressed to think of what is left to do

I`m not hard pressed. Source books - the provinces of France, neighboring realms, magical traditions in Europe, etc.
Scenarios - they are an elegant way to move the story forward, from 1636 into 1637, '38, ... I´d like to see historical facts/happenings as pivoting points for offical scenarios, so there´s a kind of metaplot, grounded in history.
Runeslinger

Three

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the M word, that's nasty!
Shocked
Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metaplot? That could be the difference in AfO: You´ve got history as metaplot. You don´t need to invent some storyline, just explain important events, let the players discover the secrets behind them.

If an explanation doesn´t suit your campaign - don´t use it. That´s no strict storyline, where you can miss important steps.
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love AFO and understand that some people may feel that the game isn't receiving any love at the moment. That said, a large amount of material has been made available and I really don't see the need to start writing scenarios revolving around historical events. That is something any GM with a PC and access to Wikipedia can do very easily. Further, I really dislike settings in which the game company starts to drive the events in the world through published source material (White Wolf's WoD is a classic example). At that point the argument of what is "canon" and what isn't starts to rear its ugly head and things can quickly fall apart.

Personally I think AFO has plenty enough available and I fully understand why TAG are now pushing LoA (which is very different from HEX). At the moment I am still running my AFO campaign and loving it. I am sure my group will continue enjoying the setting and perhaps now is the time where the fans can drive things a little more rather than making demands of an already stretched TAG team?

Althalus

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fans can drive things a little more rather than making demands of an already stretched TAG team?

Ähm, sorry, but did you just say that a game, that's SOLD by a COMPANY should be driven on by the fans, instead of bringing in more money?
That´s the way a number of very good games died over the years - being neglected by their makers, who hoped that the fans would keep the thing running.
It won´t happen. First, because there are not nearly enough AfO-fans out there to do this (take a look at the forums) and second, because comercially successful games are those, that get a steady stream of crunch.

BUT: If TAG wants help from the fans, they should say so. What about fan-written material made available by TAG? If it´s not "canonical" Twisted Evil it gets rejected, if it fits in, it gets published as a freebie. Letting text flow into a simple InDesign-Layout is not that time-consuming.
And who knows - maybe there are some new authors out there who can add good stuff.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: