Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mining

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Mining Reply with quote

having watched the excesses of Bering sea Gold (Under the Ice) AND Jungle Gold last night I got a scenario in mind for AFO (because I am a geek).

A mine that had been profitable is suddenly having very low output. A geomancer witch has appeared on the scene and is using his geomancy skills to 'harvest' the gold from the mine and rob the owner.
It is an offshoot of the summoning fish concept I asked about but applying it to mining got me to thinking. What would the parameters of such a spell be, and what limits should be imposed?

Base: 2
Range, 2, harvest the gold within 500 feet of your location, like having control of the daggers within 500 feet, and summoning fish within that range as Wiggy mentioned in the transmutation as an attack thread.

Duration: 0 would be an instant spell, instantly summoning all the gold together? or 4 for a scene so it can be described? or an hour for +8?
Area of effect: 8: 100 foot radius, put the spell 100 feet into the ground and you are 'mining' a massive sphere.

Effect: Interesting area. 0 would be up to 200 pounds or so, which is more than enough to take all the gold from an area. Or is it the amount of material you have to filter? So 8 would be 100 tonnes and the sphere can be made smaller since the tonnage you are dealing in is so huge.

And if such a spell is possible, does it not open a geomancer thief up to casting sucha thieving spell for coins and bullion inside a city? Or a Transportaionist if he wants to teleport all coins found to him. (A geomancer/transportationist to cover all the bases.)

Would Divination be needed first to locate all the gold? or would the spirits just be able to get it.
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you harvesting the gold? It's not like the gold can just separate itself from the rock it's embedded in. This is most definitely not the same as summoning fish. To me it feels like the magick system is being taken to a granular level that it's not really intended for - kind of feels like d20 instead of AFO. Thematically I don't like it but in a game you are running you can basically do what you like because you're the GM.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: