Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying Carpets and Brooms

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Flying Carpets and Brooms Reply with quote

The other thread got me thinking about short term enchanting of flying objects.

Flying Carpet:

Base 2
Range: 0
Duration: 0 (12 hours)
AoE: 2 (4 person capacity, Caster and 3 passengers)
Effect: 6 (2 for Size of 1 to carry 1 ton of people and 4 Complications to give a Move Speed of 6 in the Secondary Skill Category)
Rating: 10

The result would be a carpet that could carry up to 4 people, or 1 ton of weight and fly at 3 miles per hour. That's a fairly slow walk. So we need to think of an acceleration effect.

It's in line with the "Transportation Thread" Thinking on it, I would give a base movement of 2 and add the +6 to give a grand total of 8, but Wiggy's ruling is that the base move is 0.

The reason I would give a base move of 2 is that with a +0 Complication I can get a base of 2 as my stat. Now I know the secondary skills overlap and do not add together, but having a flying carpet that does not move at all seems a little odd.

The other issue I have with flight is that it is so slow. 3 miles an hour is actually an average walking speed. In open country the people chasing you can walk along and never lose you. It's an easy canter for a horse.

Even pumping up to 5 miles an hour is not going to win any speed records. A horse can still outrun you.

Any thoughts on making a flying carpet, or broom that can really get you places?

And what arts? enchanting, transportation, aeromancy are what I have at the moment. Any other thoughts? These all strike me as arts that might have a tradition of flight.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: