Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experience

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkeyedblues

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Experience Reply with quote

So I ran my first session of All For One. My players loved it but I ran into a problem at the end of the session...

I don't know how much experience to hand out.

Maybe I just missed it in the book, but I can only find the chart on how to spend experience, not how much to give out.
How much do the rest of you usually give / get?
CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book pg 96
The Gamemaster may award characters between one
and five Experience points per game session. On average,
characters should earn about three Experience points
per game session.

We gain 1 to 2 points in TheGit's session, but he is a stingy bastard. Means a slow pace for improving characters. He did give more at the beginning to speed up the plot points.
If you want to have characters improve faster, give 3 points a session and more if they did something really creative. A few sessions will have them improving skills or taking Talents or resources.

Rule of thumb you may want to consider, every 15 points you hand a person can result in a +2 bonus to a particular skill through a Resource. (Fencing School for example).

Resources and Talents are where the system can start to creak and create situations where a player is extremely powerful, almost overpowered in certain areas.

The faster you hand out experience, the faster you will have players using the top tiers of the Resource charts.

Last edited by CanuckAlchemist on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!

You'll be looking for page 86 - Gaining Experience Points.

CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Wiggy and I were typing replies at the same time. Hi Wiggy.
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I believe Wiggy means pg 96 as CanuckAlchemist stated in his answer. Wiggy always likes to test us and keep us on our toes Wink

As for how many XP to give out. As the book says between 1-5 is a good number. As CanuckAlchemist correctly states I am a bit stingy on this issue. That said, I was pretty generous in the first few sessions as I wanted the characters to gain some experience and be able to buy Resources and Talents. You have to be careful though because, as CanuckAlchemist points out, you can end up with very powerful characters very early on; this is why I have slowed things down a bit (that and the fact my gaming group are useless and don't deserve rewards Razz).

So, no real right or wrong way to do this; just what works for you and your gaming group.

Welcome the forums and congratulations on playing AFO - one of my favourite settings in any game!

TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GIT! wrote:
Hmmm...I believe Wiggy means pg 96 as CanuckAlchemist stated in his answer. Wiggy always likes to test us and keep us on our toes Wink

<Captain Mainwaring voice on> Good man! I wondered who'd be the first to spot that <off> Smile

Last edited by TAG Wiggy on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
The GIT! wrote:

<Captain Mainwaring voice on> Good man! I wondered who'd be the first to spot that <off> Smile

<Lance Corporal Jack Jones voice on>Permission to speak, Sir? They don't like it up 'em <off> Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: