Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halloween sale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Halloween sale Reply with quote

It's that time of year when the ghosts, goblins, and witches are out in force! So to maximise your spooky weekends we're offering all our pdf's and books, regardless of system, at a 30% discount! This deal will be available for only two weeks so head over to the TAG webstore and stock up for Halloween!

http://www.tripleacegames.com/store/

coyote6

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, with the sale on, I'm wondering which of the AFO PDFs would be useful for the Savage version.

The adventures would obviously need to be converted, but how much conversion? Is it just a case of swapping out Ubiquity stats for SW stats, or is this more like trying to go from AD&D 1e to D&D 4e (the different philosophies make some situations not viable without completely redoing them)?

What about the Richelieu's Guides? Are they mostly setting info, mostly Ubiquity mechanics, or 50/50?
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Converting the adventures will require some thought. SW is very Skills light. How much conversion I can't say -- all depends how well you know Ubiquity, really.

As for the Richelieu Guides, SWAFO contains most of the fluff. What is missing are the sample characters, a few Ubiquity rules, and the lackeys.

Wondrous Devices and Barbary Coast (neither in SWAFO) are probably 65% fluff and 35% rules at a guess. Serious Situations is built specifically for Ubiquity, and may not convert easily.

Hellfire6A

Three

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Paris Gothique? Would it convert ok to SW or is it pretty well covered in SWAFO?
Do everything in love. I Cor 16:14

SDG
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paris Gothique could be compared to Wonderous Devices and Barbary Coast. Two thirds fluff and one thirds crunch. In this case almost entirely creature stats that have to be "rebuild" in SWAFO.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> All for One: Régime Diabolique All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: